Sponsored

Already down at 3,605 miles :(

wranglerbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Pilot mountain.

got an update from my dealer this morning. They told me there was a new recall that has came out just yesterday that is the exact issue we had. Something to do with the hybrid battery connection i believe. Hoping it gets fixed quickly, but wanted to update the group that we may be seeing a new recall.
Thanks for the update. Keep us posted on what they repair.

If this is the same issue causing dangerous shutdowns in other 4xe's, they need to get the recall out ASAP.
Sponsored

sentience

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus GX, 2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Occupation
bureaucrat@gov
One thing I learned recently with my own 4xe electrical issues: some Jeep dealerships offer rentals. In the OP’s situation, they may have benefited from calling the nearest dealership to see if that was an option.

I wasted about a month haggling with Jeep Wave on rental compensation (yay Baltimore/DC rental rates) as commercial rental companies averaged $65 or higher per day, while Jeep Wave only offered $35 initially, up to $55 per day with haggling. Called up the dealership on a whim, found out they had a $35 daily rental, fully reimbursable on warranty repair, and arranged the rental through them. In terms of how long it’s going to be in the shop, who knows - at least one week.

I do agree that Jeep shouldn’t be responsible for compensating the full out of state dealership tow. The nearest dealership clause is very clearly defined in the road side assistance section of the warranty. Going forward, a reasonable compromise might be to figure out what the cost to tow to nearest dealership would have been, and to have that amount reimbursed by Jeep.

I’m confident long term Jeep will figure this 4xe electrification thing out. But until then, my best advice as a 4xe owner to anyone considering it - wait a few years. Lease it if you absolutely must have it. Don’t buy any vehicle within its first few years of model production. Problems like the OPs, mine, and others will happen.

That's about right, I'm keeping our old JK until we retire as I trust the 2 month old JL about this much
Every time I see a JK, I feel a slight pain in my gut. Still regret selling mine; it’s a beautiful vehicle. Also mechanically simple - easy to diagnose, and any mechanic under the sun could work on it. These 4xe’s… my nearest trustworthy dealership only has one tech trained in working on them. And he only works Thursdays.

OP
OP
Gecko4xe

Gecko4xe

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe, 2012 Wrangler Sport
I can understand that. I just feel like some more assistance would be nice. Alot of it is mainly my frustration of the whole situation. Just sucks. But money aside, if i can figure out the issue & let others know of the problem i am having thats what im here for. Im not here for sympathy or any of that bs.

Sponsored

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I can understand that. I just feel like some more assistance would be nice. Alot of it is mainly my frustration of the whole situation. Just sucks. But money aside, if i can figure out the issue & let others know of the problem i am having thats what im here for. Im not here for sympathy or any of that bs.
No disagreement here that it’s a crappy situation. Hope everything gets worked out quickly.

jellis4148

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Unfortunately no manufacture will pay for that. Your roadside assistance covers towing to nearest dealer. Anything past that is on you. You have Jeep wave that does help cover trip interruptions, but I don’t think they will cover towing to a different dealer. Hope you get it fixed.

zouch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ, JLUWD
bummer about the vehicle; gotta' hate when stuff like that happens!
but we all know that vehicles these days are complex, and stuff sometimes fails. (BTDT!)

wanted to make sure you know that J**pcares does have some latitude to compensate you for some things, but you may have to be insistent and press to find the right person to authorize that and then even follow-up on it to make sure it happens. in some cases, they've even made monthly payments for people whose vehicles were down waiting on parts. DAMHIK.

good luck with it all!

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gecko4xe

Gecko4xe

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler 4xe, 2012 Wrangler Sport
bummer about the vehicle; gotta' hate when stuff like that happens!
but we all know that vehicles these days are complex, and stuff sometimes fails. (BTDT!)

wanted to make sure you know that J**pcares does have some latitude to compensate you for some things, but you may have to be insistent and press to find the right person to authorize that and then even follow-up on it to make sure it happens. in some cases, they've even made monthly payments for people whose vehicles were down waiting on parts. DAMHIK.

good luck with it all!
Absolutely! Stuff is very complex, but typically worth it. Hoping it can get fixed soon. Still waiting to hear back from the dealer in regards to the potential new recall.

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
Get a case # from Jeep Cares. With all the problems that I have had with my 4xe, my case got elevated to the Retention Team and they are compensating me for my time and all the car rentals.

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
This is my first post, long time Jeep owner, and a recent 4xe owner for my wife. Our 2021 Gecko Sahara had 3,605 miles on it when it left us stranded 4 hours from home this past weekend. Ultimately to get a loaner car, the jeep had to get towed to my dealer in WV. I spoke with Jeep on the phone & they refused over and over again to pay for this tow, which costed me $1,150 to get the jeep to my dealer. Im not sure where to go from here. The jeep has a full page of DTC’s, my dealer doesnt seem to care to help me pay for this long distance tow, and Jeep essentially has been refusing to help. I was stuck with either leaving the jeep in NC (4 hours away) and paying for my own rental car, or having it towed home on my own dime & getting a loaner from my dealer, which I chose. At this point im highly disappointed in Jeeps customer service care as I am invested >$1,200 between two tow bills & a hotel room while being stranded.
Has anyone dealt with this before & have any recommendations?
Just remember that the next time your going to purchase a new vehicle

Dusty78

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Wrangler Willys
So if I have my Jeep towed to the closest dealership and can’t find a rental car (which is not an uncommon issues these days) will Jeep reimburse me the $1500 a make a day in lost wages? I think getting it closer the OP’s home was smart. Trying to rent a car last minute is next to impossible these days and I don’t have the kind of job where I can just call out.

ConqSoft

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL 2 Door Rubicon 6 Speed
Occupation
Systems Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
So if I have my Jeep towed to the closest dealership and can’t find a rental car (which is not an uncommon issues these days) will Jeep reimburse me the $1500 a make a day in lost wages? I think getting it closer the OP’s home was smart. Trying to rent a car last minute is next to impossible and I don’t have the kind of job where I can just call out.
Name any automobile manufacturer that would.
Sponsored