Alpine X409 JL and PSS 23WRA Install Help

Jnielsen1919

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimitied
So I installed both by myself and I everything works great except I am not sure whether or not the amp under the seat is working i tried listening and wasnt sure if i could hear it do I have to do anything special to make them work together or is there a way I can test the amplifier. I simply followed instructions of both but im not sure if i need to use some of the extra wiring to make the two compatible
Sponsored

JLscorpio31

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JLU, 1999 Cherokee XJ
Hey hope you get some assistance. I too installed the pss-23wra to my non amplified system on my 2018 JLU...After, I’m not getting any sound from my speakers. The sub is working. So I did a little test...I’m getting sound from the harness behind the radio, sound from the harness input to the amp, but no sound at output harness of the amp(KTP-445U). Can I say that this is a bad amp with this kit? any suggestions???

CalPolyDM

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I also installed the WRA, used two aftermarket amps and two powered subs. Feel free to message and I can try to help, did the install myself.

jackassicorn

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S
I am connecting the PSS-23WRA to X409-WRA-JL now, and I'm not sure exactly how I connect the headunit. Do I connect the t-connector to anything or do I run the wires from the amp/sub directly to the head unit? I appreciate any help.

jackassicorn

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport S
I am connecting the PSS-23WRA to X409-WRA-JL now, and I'm not sure exactly how I connect the headunit. Do I connect the t-connector to anything or do I run the wires from the amp/sub directly to the head unit? I appreciate any help.
I figured out that the big T-harness that comes with the PSS-23WRA and connects to the Jeep wiring is not needed when connecting it to the X409.

ericg

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
I figured out that the big T-harness that comes with the PSS-23WRA and connects to the Jeep wiring is not needed when connecting it to the X409.

I tried without the T Harness, but could not get the sub to work. Ugh.
Sponsored