Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
The OEM Alpine system is awesome
You already paid for a kick-ass speaker set up, buying cheaper speakers couldn't possibly would help it
If you had the non Alpine setup I'd understand, but even that is super upgraded by getting the Alpine oem speakers even without an amp
Plus the systems trail ready for water and ready to be shaken to hell and back, Kenwoods never came close on either challenge
Hopefully you can get a refund šŸ¤”
Sponsored

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
Maybe a bigger question is whether the 'stock' OEM premium speakers in my '22 JLR are the same as the optional ones in years past? There is no longer an option for Alpine. With the 8.4in Uconnect system now standard equipment, I assumed they were. Now I am questioning that.
When I ordered my ā€˜22 4xe it listed ā€œalpineā€

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

When I ordered my ā€˜22 4xe it listed ā€œalpineā€
I thought mine did too but I must have been looking at '21 model year. By the time I 'pushed the order button', waiting for the '22, and now going back looking online at Jeep.com, and also my window sticker and order notes. There is nothing that says, "Alpine"... including Rubicon 4xe.

Bzinsky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 rubicon 4xe
I thought mine did too but I must have been looking at '21 model year. By the time I 'pushed the order button', waiting for the '22, and now going back looking online at Jeep.com, and also my window sticker and order notes. There is nothing that says, "Alpine"... including Rubicon 4xe.
Your right! Could have sworn it said alpine when I ordered in janurary. I know for a fact I built a ā€˜22 model in the configurator.

now I look at my build sheet it makes no mention of ā€œalpineā€

Sponsored

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Your right! Could have sworn it said alpine when I ordered in janurary. I know for a fact I built a ā€˜22 model in the configurator.

Me thinks that Jeep discontinued the use of Alpine speakers for 2022.. Just made the 7 or 8.4Uconnect standard and only option depending on model. Sneaky buggars?

OP
OP
Evergreen

Evergreen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander, 21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Autonomous Vehicles
The OEM Alpine system is awesome
You already paid for a kick-ass speaker set up, buying cheaper speakers couldn't possibly would help it
If you had the non Alpine setup I'd understand, but even that is super upgraded by getting the Alpine oem speakers even without an amp
Plus the systems trail ready for water and ready to be shaken to hell and back, Kenwoods never came close on either challenge
Hopefully you can get a refund šŸ¤”
love the sound except for the dash and the lack of a tweeter which is standard in a quality sound system.

CMU JEEP MONSTER

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL
Occupation
Business Development
Vehicle Showcase
Hello fellow Jeepers!
I purchased an Alpine System at JB22 Daytona. Awesome upgrade! I highly recemmend Alpine for Jeeps if your looking to improve your sound system. Alpine makes it very easy to install with Plug in Play. Enjoy your tunes!!!

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

Mine includes this line: "Alpine Premium Audio System".

Sponsored

SKCWRANGLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 2 DR
Me thinks that Jeep discontinued the use of Alpine speakers for 2022.. Just made the 7 or 8.4Uconnect standard and only option depending on model. Sneaky buggars?
They didn't, 9 speakers = Alpine sub and 12 channel amp.

If you have a sub, you have an amp. The OEM speakers are 8 ohm IIRC, the aftermarket would be lower, it can screw with the amp.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

They didn't, 9 speakers = Alpine sub and 12 channel amp.

If you have a sub, you have an amp. The OEM speakers are 8 ohm IIRC, the aftermarket would be lower, it can screw with the amp.
Yes, 9 speakers but none say Alpine on them or the grill covers. The magnets on the 3.5in OEM that I pulled out are laughably small and lightweight. I'm pretty dang sure there was a change between your '21 and the '22 model year.

Love to see a pic of the backside of a 3.5in of a confirmed Alpine speaker. 2021 or earlier model.

Here are front and back pics of what I pulled out.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine vs Kenwood - very disappointed IMG_2532

Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine vs Kenwood - very disappointed IMG_2531

SKCWRANGLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 2 DR
Yes, 9 speakers but none say Alpine on them or the grill covers. The magnets on the 3.5in OEM that I pulled out are laughably small and lightweight. I'm pretty dang sure there was a change between your '21 and the '22 model year.

Love to see a pic of the backside of a 3.5in of a confirmed Alpine speaker. 2021 or earlier model.

Here are front and back pics of what I pulled out.

Hereā€™s one, same speaker.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...-vs-premium-audio-speakers.61917/post-1321961

Hereā€™s the speaker online

https://www.moparpartswebstore.com/p/61629049/68223392AA.html

OEM rebadges are almost always poor, crappy speakers where you pay 5-10X the value.

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
I have upgraded a lot of my cars/jeeps to aftermarket speakers which outputs dramatically better sound and range. Well today the Kenwood excelon kfc-x3c 3.5 changed that. To put it bluntly - they suck! I tired it with and without the crossover. I am missing depth, range and the tweeters have minimal output. An example of this is at the beginning of hotel California, the maracas disappear when I switch to the left channel (kenwoods).

Take a listen and let me know your thoughts. Excuse the crappy non-copyright music, not the best representation of the drastic difference but hope you can hear it. Right = Alpine Left = Kenwood
I don't know man... on my laptop they both sound shit.

Tooth

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport S
I am 1/2 deaf in my left ear and listening to that Kenwood just made it worse.
Sponsored