OP
OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It would be funny if these were just the same factory Alpine speakers for those who didn't originally go with that option. If that's the case or they're not significantly better, there are way better aftermarket options for less money.
They are a 6"woofer with 1" tweeter and built in crossover. Only 3 and 4" speakers in scrappy Alpine factory system.
Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
They are a 6"woofer with 1" tweeter and built in crossover. Only 3 and 4" speakers in scrappy Alpine factory system.
If thatā€™s the case they may make a difference. A pricey one though. Easy plug and play. If someone adds to the factory Alpine system I would be curious of the review.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
If thatā€™s the case they may make a difference. A pricey one though. Easy plug and play. If someone adds to the factory Alpine system I would be curious of the review.
I'd be more curious of how they sound with the stock Alpine system that had the dash speakers upgraded, since that's what I have.

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Thanks for the info! I just bought a set and will be installing them tomorrow. I have the base sound system in my JLU and so sick of the flat sound from the stock speakers. I just didnā€™t want to spend thousands of dollars upgrading the entire system (would rather spend my hard earned money on performance upgrades), so I thought these should do for now.

Molson123123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I just installed today. Super easy. Have small alpine amp and sub. Upgraded head unit. All in all, enormous difference from the garbage non-alpine speakers. Clarity unreal, mid range so much better. As a ($$$$) plug and play option, couldnā€™t have been easier.

Sponsored

EdSoCal81

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Thanks for the info! I just bought a set and will be installing them tomorrow. I have the base sound system in my JLU and so sick of the flat sound from the stock speakers. I just didnā€™t want to spend thousands of dollars upgrading the entire system (would rather spend my hard earned money on performance upgrades), so I thought these should do for now.
Was the sound difference huge? And how was the install.

timize

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Willy's
Was the sound difference huge? And how was the install.
Very big difference. Cutting to make room for the speakers was the hard part. Just make sure you have a sharp air saw blade or Dremel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine SPV-65-JLT B91A0EE9-D630-4B96-B817-4AB0E1332E45

EdSoCal81

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model 3
Very big difference. Cutting to make room for the speakers was the hard part. Just make sure you have a sharp air saw blade or Dremel.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine SPV-65-JLT B91A0EE9-D630-4B96-B817-4AB0E1332E45
Thanks. Iā€™ll order this soon. Are you running it with any aftermarket amp?

Bluebeast

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU sport
I may have missed it while I was multitasking, but anyone running these with the stock head unit and no amp? Still trying to decide on which head unit to replace my 5in one with, but figured these might be nice in the meantime.

Sponsored

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I would love to hear if someone added these to the 8.4 Alpine system and if the made a substantial difference in sound quality.
Almost anything would be an improvement.
For a couple of weeks I substituted these Infinity 3.5" speakers in my dash:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html
The improvement in clarity was striking.

I have the Alpine 'Premium' audio with the 8.4 in a JT. When you pull the original speakers out, you realize the speaker materials are a joke. If Jeep just put $5 more in materials in these the sound quality would improve immensely lol.

The reason I aborted my upgrade was that the Infinity speakers were a little bright for me. Also, when you upgrade one speaker pair that provides most of the treble, everything else (to my ears) sounded unbalanced the more you increased the volume (the Infinity 3.5in in the dash sounded so much more prominent and bright - esp. at 70+ mph on a windy highway - seemed so much of what I heard was the treble from the dash tweeters bouncing off the windshield). I returned the Infinity and planning to do the upgrade again, but haven't decided what I'm doing. Ideally I would upgrade the dash 3.5in and maybe replace the knee location 4in speakers with Metra pods and 6.5in speakers. But I'm really hesitant on the amount of time it would take to replace the knee pods. Plus eventually I'll want to do an amp upgrade and then I would have to go in there again.

Last edited:

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Almost anything would be an improvement.
For a couple of weeks I substituted these Infinity 3.5" speakers in my dash:
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_108R3032CM/Infinity-Reference-REF-3032cfx.html
The improvement in clarity was striking.

I have the Alpine 'Premium' audio with the 8.4 in a JT. When you pull the original speakers out, you realize the speaker materials are a joke. If Jeep just put $5 more in materials in these the sound quality would improve immensely lol.

The reason I aborted my upgrade was that the Infinity speakers were a little bright for me. Also, when you upgrade one speaker pair that provides most of the treble, everything else (to my ears) sounded unbalanced the more you increased the volume (the Infinity 3.5in in the dash sounded so much more prominent and bright). I returned the Infinity and planning to do the upgrade again, but haven't decided what I'm doing. Ideally I would upgrade the dash 3.5in and maybe replace the knee location 4in speakers with Metra pods and 6.5in speakers. But I'm really hesitant on the amount of time it would take to replace the knee pods. Plus eventually I'll want to do an amp upgrade and then I would have to go in there again.
Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.
I would like to keep the 8.4 unit and the factory Alpine Sub(seems to. be enough base for me)
I am looking for the ultimate high quality speaker replacement that fits for all speakers -except the factory Alpine sub and if possible one simple high quality amp to replace the current one and run it all.

Any input is greatly appreciated.
I listen to loud rock . A lot of:
Van Halen
Black Sabbath
Motley Crue
AC/DC
Metallica
Led Zepp

Goh001

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Thanks for the info. Keep us posted.
I would like to keep the 8.4 unit and the factory Alpine Sub(seems to. be enough base for me)
I am looking for the ultimate high quality speaker replacement that fits for all speakers -except the factory Alpine sub and if possible one simple high quality amp to replace the current one and run it all.
BTW, this is a super thread - Adding an Amplifier. It's way more than that:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/adding-an-aftermarket-amp-s.6568/
I'm learning a lot and going through the thread before I pull the trigger again on speakers. Just the first page alone answers so many 'but what about...' questions I've had reading other threads. The directions to pull out the knee pods in the dash make me think I might be able to do it without banging my head against the wall. The wiring of the Soundbar speakers when you replace them is another great write-up.

I'm also planning to keep my 8.4 head unit.
At home, I just bought myself Bowers and Wilkins 603 speakers, a Musical Fidelity M3si amp and a Bluesound Node 2i streaming Tidal mostly, so the car audio upgrade has to start somewhat on the low end side for now : )