Sponsored

Alpine SPV-65-JLT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So the Alpine SPV-65-JLT has been available for a little bit, looking for any comments from anyone that has installed them. Wondering if it is worth it compared to just the SSV adaptor and some components.
Sponsored

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
So the Alpine SPV-65-JLT has been available for a little bit, looking for any comments from anyone that has installed them. Wondering if it is worth it compared to just the SSV adaptor and some components.
I just ordered mine. I’ll respond back

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
I just ordered mine. I’ll respond back
Are these an upgrade to the 8.4 Alpine system or very similar to the speakers already in the sound bar for this system?

or are these more suited for those do not have the 8.4 factory system.

Sponsored

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
https://www.alpine-usa.com/product/spv-65-jlt_jeep_soundbar_upgrade_kit

It's a kit to upgrade the soundbar speakers to some nice component 6.5" without having to buy the SSV adaptor. Supposed to be plug and play with a little trimming.
Got it. I too was Wondering if it is worth it compared to just the SSV adaptor and some components.... If I did this I would think I would need an upgraded/additional amp to full enjoy the Alpine speaker upgrade. Any thoughts on a simple easy amp upgrade to go with these.

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Got it. I too was Wondering if it is worth it compared to just the SSV adaptor and some components.... If I did this I would think I would need an upgraded/additional amp to full enjoy the Alpine speaker upgrade. Any thoughts on a simple easy amp upgrade to go with these.
I’ll be running these off of an Alpine KTU-445p amp.

According to Alpine these are tuned specifically for the sound bar on the standard JL system....not the Alpine system. From what I understand, they’ll perform better than running the SSV plates and random components.

I get them tomorrow, so we’ll see!

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Update: the new speakers are in.
My opinions thus far: Super easy install, basic tools needed. A small dremel is all that’s needed for cutting the soundbar guts out. With the right tip, it’s very easy.

impressions on sound: the sound is much cleaner and offers a bit more mid bass than before. Just a broader spectrum of sound vs. the flat sound of the stocks speakers. I have a small amp powering the set up now, but I need to adjust low pass filters for the rear now. I’ll likely do that tomorrow.

Overall, I like the speakers. They are pricey but I think they are worth it in the long run.

OP
OP
RedundanT

RedundanT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Update 2: I adjusted the HPF and gain on my amp....these speakers are amazing!
Nice, but manual says not for factory amplified system, so guessing this is not a plug and play upgrade for the Alpine with sub systems.

Sponsored

Surfwagon

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Nice, but manual says not for factory amplified system, so guessing this is not a plug and play upgrade for the Alpine with sub systems.
I’ve been reading that people are using it in the Alpine upgraded systems, however, yes, it is designed for the non-Alpine systems. My Jeep did not come with the Alpine system either. I’ve built up from the stock system.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
I’ve been reading that people are using it in the Alpine upgraded systems, however, yes, it is designed for the non-Alpine systems. My Jeep did not come with the Alpine system either. I’ve built up from the stock system.
Kinda curious how these sound compared to the stock Alpine system; is it any better or pretty much the same?

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
Kinda curious how these sound compared to the stock Alpine system; is it any better or pretty much the same?
Me too. If I already have the Factory Alpine system would these really make a noticeable difference. I would hate to spend that kind of coin on these and no material sound difference.
Happy for surfwagon as they appear to be working well and make a substantial sound difference on the non-Alpine factory system.

AnebuR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon + 2014 JK Sport S
Me too. If I already have the Factory Alpine system would these really make a noticeable difference. I would hate to spend that kind of coin on these and no material sound difference.
Happy for surfwagon as they appear to be working well and make a substantial sound difference on the non-Alpine factory system.
It would be funny if these were just the same factory Alpine speakers for those who didn't originally go with that option. If that's the case or they're not significantly better, there are way better aftermarket options for less money.

cmcclintock

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL
It would be funny if these were just the same factory Alpine speakers for those who didn't originally go with that option. If that's the case or they're not significantly better, there are way better aftermarket options for less money.
Agreed. The factory Alpine works well for me now.

I love high quality loud 70-80’s rock. After I complete all mods I want to do.. that last item will be the sound system and when I do it I want to do it right as this Jeep is a toy that plan I keeping for a long time... a high end/high powered amp along with all high quality speakers, etc will do it.. down the road.

as I said the factory Alpine does the job though.
Sponsored