First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 392 XR
Occupation
Army (Ret), Fed Guy
I just pulled the owner's manual on the KTP-445U.

It appears that Alpine suggests the HPF to be set at 60hz:
1655318023575.png

I might fiddle with this tonight and try out the 80hz filter, re-blend the sub, and report back.
So look at my postings above and you'll see Alpine has different recommendations for factory speakers v. replacing with the ones in the PWS24 kit. Interested in what you come up with. I'm getting pretty happy with the sound at this point.
Sponsored

Rommel1940

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport 2 Dr
Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine PSS-23WRA Sound System Upgrade - Review and Suggestions 4350C20B-9884-4867-9ACF-999C56FB9C12
Just got my alpine kit, it’s on sale at Best Buy 800.00. I’m having questions about the amp settings. I the alpine kit tweeters and factory knee speakers in front and kicker 6x9 speakers in the roll bar. My question is , is the alpine recommended settings best?
I also had kicker 3.5 2 ways in the dash but removed them for the alpine tweeters, I wonder which choice is better?
Any advice appreciated, probably installing the sub/amp tomorrow .

853C015C-2851-4742-B0B9-6D770F973C01.jpeg

3175CAE9-D06A-4200-B066-756C9D3D4096.jpeg

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR
Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine PSS-23WRA Sound System Upgrade - Review and Suggestions 3175CAE9-D06A-4200-B066-756C9D3D4096
Just got my alpine kit, it’s on sale at Best Buy 800.00. I’m having questions about the amp settings. I the alpine kit tweeters and factory knee speakers in front and kicker 6x9 speakers in the roll bar. My question is , is the alpine recommended settings best?
I also had kicker 3.5 2 ways in the dash but removed them for the alpine tweeters, I wonder which choice is better?

Jeep Wrangler JL Alpine PSS-23WRA Sound System Upgrade - Review and Suggestions 3175CAE9-D06A-4200-B066-756C9D3D4096

Same boat, here. I have a pair of 3.5" JBL speakers waiting to be installed in the dash, but now I'm wondering if I should go with the included Alpine tweeters, instead 🤷‍♂️

Babeinsap

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara Altitude; 2001 TJ
did you need any special adapters to get those kicker 6x9 in the roll bar? Thx

Sponsored

Rommel1940

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport 2 Dr
Same boat, here. I have a pair of 3.5" JBL speakers waiting to be installed in the dash, but now I'm wondering if I should go with the included Alpine tweeters, instead 🤷‍♂️
Alpine Tweeters sound pretty good. So for now I’m using them.

RadRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys (Sarge Green)
I just installed this. All connection are tight. The only thing I'm getting is sound from the sub. Nothing from any other speaker. Thinking it might be the t-harness. I would think that I'd get sound from a few speakers even if the harness were bad. Having all the speakers dead makes me think I may have done something wrong. I checked and rechecked all connections.

Right now I have removed the t-harness so I at least have something until I get this figured out.

Any ideas?

lashlee

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR 2.0 Turbo 4 (Wife's), Tesla M3P (mine)
I haven't read through the entire thread, but does this version use some sort of DSP or audio adapter from the OEM radio? It seems like there was one connection that needed to be made up one way if you had an OEM radio and disconnected if you had an aftermarket (or vice versa).

jimithng23

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL UL HIGH TIDE
I just installed this. All connection are tight. The only thing I'm getting is sound from the sub. Nothing from any other speaker. Thinking it might be the t-harness. I would think that I'd get sound from a few speakers even if the harness were bad. Having all the speakers dead makes me think I may have done something wrong. I checked and rechecked all connections.

Right now I have removed the t-harness so I at least have something until I get this figured out.

Any ideas?
So I've lost sound from the left kickpod. All connections at the amp are tight.

I'm dreading having to pop all the panels back off to get the HU out and/or the pod to see where the loose connection or issue might be.

Sponsored

RadRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't read through the entire thread, but does this version use some sort of DSP or audio adapter from the OEM radio? It seems like there was one connection that needed to be made up one way if you had an OEM radio and disconnected if you had an aftermarket (or vice versa).
Not sure - "Plug and play" as advertised. I figured I would be hard pressed to mess it up. Purchased from Extreme Terrain - they advised returning it when I asked about troubleshooting.
I have ordered a new one from Crutchfield after talking to them. They would have helped me troubleshoot before sending back.
I did find it much easier to pull the harnesses and wiring out than installing them. (ha ha)

RadRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've lost sound from the left kickpod. All connections at the amp are tight.

I'm dreading having to pop all the panels back off to get the HU out and/or the pod to see where the loose connection or issue might be.
I hear you. Once you do it 2 or 3 times - it gets pretty easy. :-/

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
It is a harness that splits off the audio signal from the radio. It is proprietary but it works like a PAC AmpPro
Sponsored