Alpine PSS-23WRA amp & speaker upgrade to stock JL radio

tthomas

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 TJ, 14 Grand Cherokee
Has anyone else installed the Alpine upgrade kit including powered subwoofer, tweeters on a JL stock non-Alpine radio? The issue I'm having is that at high volumes with songs that have high bass, the tweeters & overhead rollbar speakers start crackling as if there is interference. At low to medium power it isn't present, only when the volume goes past 3/4 power & only when the song is bass heavy.
Sponsored

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
Your High Pass Filters and gains needs to be adjusted

Someone else may have a better approach but you can try setting your High Pass to 120Hz and turn your gain all the way down. Play something at high volume and turn the gain up slowly until the sound distorts. then back off the gain a little until the distortion stops.

I do not have stock speakers but my gain is only turned up a little, it shouldn't take much.

shimwrecker

Threads
Reaction score
Just put this in my 2 door set the knobs at 9pm. The radio equalizer I set at treble +1, midrange 0, and bass 0. The sub woofer gain is at 3/8. Any higher and it distorts. I like 90s alternative best. Hope this helps. It sounds great. I also put the Alpine sound bar speakers in.
Sponsored