Sponsored

Alpine premium sound comes with what size screen?

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
I was just wondering if alpine premium sound option defaults the touch screen to certain kind or can you have any size screen with that option . Thanks
Sponsored

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I could be wrong, but after building one on the website it didn’t auto select the upgraded radio for a sport S, and all other models above come with the 7 inch screen as standard anyway.

InvertedLogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JTR
I don't think the 8.4 is required, but the 8.4 comes with it. No brainer to upgrade to the 8.4 if you are wanting the premium sound.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
The reason I'm asking is I found a 2020 JL I want and says it has alpine premium sound as an upgrade for $1200 but on the sticker it still says 5" screen so I wasn't sure.

ShariJeep

First Name
Shari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys, 2012 JKU previously
I had the alpine system in my 2012 Jeep and loved it. I just ordered a 2020 JL and added it to that one as well. I ordered the Willy’s edition and the only options it gave me were 5” or 7”. I went with the 7” and will upgrade in the future to a larger after market head unit.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The reason I'm asking is I found a 2020 JL I want and says it has alpine premium sound as an upgrade for $1200 but on the sticker it still says 5" screen so I wasn't sure.
There few unknowns with this post.
What model of wrangler are you looking at?
Sport models usually have the screen and or Apline as dealer added options. So you will need to read everything that has a price tag on the sticker.

If you are looking at sahara, rubi, and Moab models these come standard with either uconnect 7 or 8. And all you need to look for is if it has the upgraded audio.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
Yeah its just a 5" screen and then at the end it has alpine premium sound as an additional option . I was hoping it would of cancled out the 5" and has standard bigger screen. No biggie

Impy5

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
The Alpine system on Sport trim levels is a standalone option, you can have it on the 5 inch screen as well as the 7 inch screen.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
You can order the Alpine Premium sound as a stand alone option on a Sport S with either radio (UConnect 3 5" or the 7") if you opt for the 8.4 radio, the Alpine system comes as part of that package

OP
OP

Wrangler847

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler
That's Cool. Ill take better sound over a bigger screen any day . I have the 7" inch now but I think I can do without.
Sponsored