Sponsored

Alpine Power amp location and can you anttenuate subwoofer output?

The Z

First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2005 Toyota Tundra Double Cab, 2013 Toyota Sienna, 2003 4 Winds 5000 Motorhome
The limited 3 band Eq in the screen is the harsest I ever heard so I been keeping it flat to sound the best but I think if I can attenuate just he subwoofer volume down a bit It will vastly improve the sound. Anyone know where the actual Alpine amp is located and if i it has a subwoofer volume adjustment?
Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
If it
The limited 3 band Eq in the screen is the harsest I ever heard so I been keeping it flat to sound the best but I think if I can attenuate just he subwoofer volume down a bit It will vastly improve the sound. Anyone know where the actual Alpine amp is located and if i it has a subwoofer volume adjustment?
If it is anything like the JK Wrangler, it is mounted up behind the dash on the driver side right behind the knee panel below steering wheel. The JK did not have any dials or knobs to adjust anything so I doubt the JL will.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Can anyone confirm location of the alpine amp? My dash speakers have gone out, and I’m trying to avoid the dealership. Checked the connection at the speakers and at the back of the head unit without any luck, if there’s an external amp I would like to check connections there as well

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Update:
The JL does have an external amp, at least with the Alpine 8.4” system. It is located behind the OBD II port under the steering wheel. It’s close to the Tazer JL plugs if you’ve installed one. It helps to pull the trim panel off that is directly under the steering wheel. I took a few pictures to help the next guy out. Mine had a loose connector, just popped it back in and it’s all good again.

D7E2D46A-44C8-452F-9DCA-EDFA17954C3F.jpeg

017539B4-DC42-4B5E-A207-3030507C8FBA.jpeg

Terpsmandan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 2022 JLUR Diesel
Does anyone know which plug bank goes to which speaker location?
Sponsored