Alpha HD tire mounting kit.

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
@TeraFlex , if I buy this for my Jeep can you have Dennis wood personally deliver it to me at the NJ Jeep invasion in June?
Sponsored

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
@TeraFlex , if I buy this for my Jeep can you have Dennis wood personally deliver it to me at the NJ Jeep invasion in June?
Ha, that would be nice! Unfortunately Dennis travels pretty light and doesn't bring product to sell at shows. But you can for sure snag one and have it installed so you have something in common to talk about :rock:.

OP
OP
Turbo_punkn

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Ha, that would be nice! Unfortunately Dennis travels pretty light and doesn't bring product to sell at shows. But you can for sure snag one and have it installed so you have something in common to talk about :rock:.
If I buy it can you have Dennis install it? I’ll bring all the tools.

OP
OP
Turbo_punkn

Turbo_punkn

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Haha. I bet he wishes he could leave the show for an install. But feel free to ask him.
It’s all good, mine is supposed to be delivered tomorrow and I’ll probably put it on right away. I don’t wanna let it sit in a box for the next month.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@TeraFlex , is the backup camera housing the same outside diameter as the JL factory one? I am looking to run a set of AEV Salta JK wheels, and they won't fit over the backup camera on the factory spare tire carrier. It is close enough that maybe a slightly smaller od or even the spacing of the wheel on your Alpha carrier may make all the difference in the world. The factory one has a taper at the back and quite a few JK wheels have issues. Some can use a spacer between the wheel and the mount and it fits, so wanted to see if the design with yours would allow the Salta to mount.

I plan to order one either way, but that may be a huge selling point for you if it allows a wider selection of wheels to fit on the spare mount.

I don't want to buy the Salta until Know if I can carry a spare.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.

TeraFlex

First Name
TeraFlex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teraflex.com
Vehicle(s)
JL, JT, JK
@TeraFlex , is the backup camera housing the same outside diameter as the JL factory one? I am looking to run a set of AEV Salta JK wheels, and they won't fit over the backup camera on the factory spare tire carrier. It is close enough that maybe a slightly smaller od or even the spacing of the wheel on your Alpha carrier may make all the difference in the world. The factory one has a taper at the back and quite a few JK wheels have issues. Some can use a spacer between the wheel and the mount and it fits, so wanted to see if the design with yours would allow the Salta to mount.

I plan to order one either way, but that may be a huge selling point for you if it allows a wider selection of wheels to fit on the spare mount.

I don't want to buy the Salta until Know if I can carry a spare.

Thanks in advance for any information you can provide.
It is close to the stock diameter, but i want to say just slightly smaller. We have seen many Jeepers use it with a variety of wheels. I can snag an actual measurement tomorrow.
Jake

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
It is close to the stock diameter, but i want to say just slightly smaller. We have seen many Jeepers use it with a variety of wheels. I can snag an actual measurement tomorrow.
Jake
@TeraFlex thanks for looking into this for me. The AEV JK wheels had the opening just small enough to not work with the factory backup camera. I am not sure the JL specific Saltas are coming so the old version may be the only option. I really appreciate your help looking into this. (I will most likely get an alpha he either way, but this will be even better if the wheel fits better.)

Kbarakeh

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
@TeraFlex does this kit make the camera stick out further than the stock JL carrier? I’m having an issue with my -44 offset method wheels blocking half of my camera angle view..

Sponsored

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
@TeraFlex does this kit make the camera stick out further than the stock JL carrier? I’m having an issue with my -44 offset method wheels blocking half of my camera angle view..
I had this issue with my methods as well. The camera does stick out further, however, you’ll see maybe 20% less of the wheel than you do now.

Kbarakeh

First Name
Khalid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
I had this issue with my methods as well. The camera does stick out further, however, you’ll see maybe 20% less of the wheel than you do now.
Thanks for the response. What type of Methods are you using? I have the method MR106 , I even considered going with the non beadlock version of the same wheel design (MR312) with a less aggressive offset for the spare hoping it would reclaim some camera angle.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Thanks for the response. What type of Methods are you using? I have the method MR106 , I even considered going with the non beadlock version of the same wheel design (MR312) with a less aggressive offset for the spare hoping it would reclaim some camera angle.
I have the MR701s

Edit: here’s what mine looks like

D90BEF5E-B579-4B1D-9048-AE7C425BB002.jpeg

Last edited: