Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR in Punk'n Orange
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Turn Wrenches/ Write code
Same here. Just rolled 8k miles this past week, JLUR has been perfect. I love it, my son loves it, and my wife tolerates it more than my 04 Rubi. I guess that's all I can ask for...
Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I support all those that have had issues with their Wranglers and I don’t deny your experiences . However, despite all of you that have had issues from ordering to delivery and beyond I have to say that from my ordering at Dennis Dillon in Boise, Idaho through almost 8K miles I have not ever had a better experience. I am a satisfied 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR owner. So there......
that's a good news and I hope we can get positive reports after 150 K miles

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
That’s great to hear! However meanwhile over at the 4Runner or FJ forum people are reporting the same thing but with a few more zeros after the odometer. With that said, they are having way less fun than the Jeep though!

P.S mine went dead after 8k miles, so I guess I’m the lemon.

Pourboire

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
I support all those that have had issues with their Wranglers and I don’t deny your experiences . However, despite all of you that have had issues from ordering to delivery and beyond I have to say that from my ordering at Dennis Dillon in Boise, Idaho through almost 8K miles I have not ever had a better experience. I am a satisfied 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR owner. So there......
I have owned many jeeps (7), and I'm one of the fortunate not to
experience the problems reported. I feel for those who have purchased
new Wranglers who experienced problems with their new purchase. May
they be resolved immediately, no-one should undergo their experience.

Best

geem03

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Occupation
RN/ Firefighter
Vehicle Showcase
Other than a few small insignificant issues, that were promptly fixed, 6K and no major mechanical issues!!!

Love this jeep! :involve::jk:

Sponsored

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
That’s great to hear! However meanwhile over at the 4Runner or FJ forum people are reporting the same thing but with a few more zeros after the odometer. With that said, they are having way less fun than the Jeep though!

P.S mine went dead after 8k miles, so I guess I’m the lemon.
Oh yeah? What’s going on with it?

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
Only 5900. Nothing but jealousy of the ‘20 that had no perceptible steering dead spot. 1st world problem though as mine isn’t bad. Love the Jeep and did some trails and mild off roading for a few hours so far. Did great.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
6 months, 5600 miles and thank God no problems. Every trip is a treat and an extra treat when the roof’s open and/or doors off.
No steering problems like I’ve read in the forum., My only trip back to the dealer was for an oil filter.

08C53A7D-9320-4F8C-847F-4E7B4854201C.jpeg

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Apparently only 39 people haven’t had any issues with their Jeep...

Sponsored

RTW Colorado

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara
So I just had to comment on some nice surprises with my new Jeep. Maybe this will help others decide?

First I love this engine - I live at altitude (my house is at 8,000 feet) and the turbo is super here. Neck snapping quick and powerful climbing my 21% grade to my house on 33" tires. The ESS is great - just shifting your foot on the brake pedal will restart the engine instantly, no lag at all. I am getting 21 MPG (my computation which is only about 1 mpg off Jeep computer) 75% city 25% highway using 87 octane. No knocking.

I found the truck on a lot for 6% below invoice with most of my wish list and a couple things I didn't think I would need. BUT I love the remote start - turns on the heated wheel and seats and heater with fan on full (you can program it not to preheat). Its been cold and just great to get a couple minutes pre-heat going. Despite being winter I do love that power top too - its much quieter than the soft top I used to run. In fact I forget I have the soft top until around 55 mph where you first start to hear wind noise.

No steering issues, no bad welds, no software weirdness. Yet. (I know its early). The paint is beautiful - the metal flake is amazing, looks to me like a custom paint job.

The surprises? The engine stays warm for a long time! After parking in 20 degree weather for a couple hours its still warm when I get back in which as I said helps in winter. Will this be a problem in summer? We'll see. I have the Command Trac (wanted Select Trac) but on my snow road I am glad I got what I have - works perfect on the steep snowy road. AND I like the manual setting on the tranny for going back down that hill forcing 1st gear.

Another surprise - door stops on all the doors including tailgate. My last Jeep was on '07 JK so I know they have had this for a while now. They are two position to hold the doors open in two places and also kind of act like automatic closers. Just let go and it will self close. Yes, I have finally taught my wife not to slam the doors! The 8.4 Uconnect is a dream to work with - very well thought out and easy to navigate. The proximity locks are a real joy too - do not skip getting this! I could go on and on but as much as I knew I would love this vehicle its even better than I dreamed. Oh and I like the lighted cup holders and foot wells. Rant over!

Mods: I have to have a secure place to lock stuff up and the Tuffy Tailgate Box was a piece of cake to install, doesn't eat up cargo space (it does hit a cargo liner though) and also serves as a table. The tube steps are Westin - got them at the dealer for $400, also a dream to install. The bumper will wait 'til Spring. And these little plastic bins have been handy for storing stuff like you phone keeping the cup holders free.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07YRYH1KZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

20191216_131908-jpg.jpg

20191216_131914-jpg.jpg

20191111_140627-jpg.jpg

20191111_140913-jpg.jpg

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
33,000 great miles. U connect is buggy but show me a decent system that isn't...
Sponsored