Sponsored

Allegedly Defective Sway Bars in Jeeps and Rams Can Disconnect at Highway Speeds: Lawsuit

quietpeen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
17.5", but I do have a winch. To clear 30" the swaybar would need to be level with the top of the tire (on a Rubicon)
Welll that tells me that the sway bar is submerged when you are at the safe depth of 30 inches because there is no way your jeep dropped 12.5” when you added a winch.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Welll that tells me that the sway bar is submerged when you are at the safe depth of 30 inches because there is no way your jeep dropped 12.5” when you added a winch.
Here's a picture of my winch:
gypsy-anchor-winch.jpg

Sponsored

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Next up; Jeep owner's file class action suit against FCA after putting top down and getting rained on.
I opened the top in a hail storm and a chunk of hail almost made me lose an eye Christmas Story style!.

Ooohhh maybe we could sue 'cause the open top made me catch COVID-19!!

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Next up; Jeep owner's file class action suit against FCA after putting top down and getting rained on.
I checked the owner's manual... there is NOTHING about what to do with the top when it's raining! Time to lawyer up.

JimmyDenn

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JK rubicon
When my Defective electronic Sway Bar disconnect failed, I was unable to shut the Jeep off. When I took out the key it continued to run and after about ten minutes of turning the key on and off it finally shut down. Some of the error codes where for speed control and CAN Bus Failure and too many others to list but I’m positive they were a result of the CAN Bus being taken down by the Sway disconnect control board failure. My initial findings are that the failures are a result of poorly applied and insufficient conformal coating of the control board resulting in ECM- electrochemical migration between component pins and the Traces on the PCB surface of different voltage potentials mainly 12V and ground resulting in a gradual voltage breakdown and heat buildup increasing electromigration to the point the migration offers a low enough Impedance in combination with the breakdown of the dielectric to generate the final outcome of catastrophic material and or component failure. Solutions to reduce the chance for electromigration is to properly coat the PCB by dipping the PCB in conformal coating or properly spraying to achieve the level of protection needed. There is also insufficient amount of hydrophobic grease in the mechanical portion of the assemble and sealing of the connectors.

It’s a shame customer need to suffer because of greed and having this assembly built by the lowest bidder. My PCB looked like it was coated by a ten-year-old slave laborer in china that is given Meth to work long hours and I’m not just throwing out insults. We are all guilty of turning a blind eye to the truth.

Swaybar-pcb1.jpg

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
When my Defective electronic Sway Bar disconnect failed, I was unable to shut the Jeep off. When I took out the key it continued to run and after about ten minutes of turning the key on and off it finally shut down. Some of the error codes where for speed control and CAN Bus Failure and too many others to list but I’m positive they were a result of the CAN Bus being taken down by the Sway disconnect control board failure. My initial findings are that the failures are a result of poorly applied and insufficient conformal coating of the control board resulting in ECM- electrochemical migration between component pins and the Traces on the PCB surface of different voltage potentials mainly 12V and ground resulting in a gradual voltage breakdown and heat buildup increasing electromigration to the point the migration offers a low enough Impedance in combination with the breakdown of the dielectric to generate the final outcome of catastrophic material and or component failure. Solutions to reduce the chance for electromigration is to properly coat the PCB by dipping the PCB in conformal coating or properly spraying to achieve the level of protection needed. There is also insufficient amount of hydrophobic grease in the mechanical portion of the assemble and sealing of the connectors.

It’s a shame customer need to suffer because of greed and having this assembly built by the lowest bidder. My PCB looked like it was coated by a ten-year-old slave laborer in china that is given Meth to work long hours and I’m not just throwing out insults. We are all guilty of turning a blind eye to the truth.

Swaybar-pcb1.jpg
Now THIS is a dangerous situation.
Sponsored