Sponsored

All this Bronco talk 🤢🤢🤮

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
No Broncos are and there isn’t enough data to tell if it’s even worth the money.
That’s what confused me. I chose a Wrangler and you seemed to be saying I didn’t have enough information to make that decision.
In the end they’re both 4x4 vehicles thst people will use both on and off road. For some people the Wrangler will be better for their needs. For others the Bronco will be a better fit.
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I want to leave this here……… some know all about it, but some may not…..and there might be something the ones in the know, didn’t know……….:)

Pingbling23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 3.6 eTorque
I think this Youtube video of the Bronco Raptor is pretty interesting. The factory 37s, the obvious addition in power, the beefed up axles (notice the thick diff covers), the sophisticated shocks, etc.

I hope this provokes a response from Jeep, so my next Wrangler can come from the factory with 37s, beefy axles, and shocks that can better control the tires.

That is all I'm interested in - the Bronco competition pushing Jeep to get off their asses and give us the options we all here want bigger tires, more gearing, better shocks, etc.
Looks nice, sounds terrible.

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Anyone thinking the normal Bronco is comparable to a Wrangler if funny. IDF front suspension is not straight axles.
And yet its going and crawling everything the 0em straight axles climbs.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
And yet its going and crawling everything the 0em straight axles climbs.
It’s doing pretty well in the curated Bronco Rodeo courses they’ve setup and in the carefully edited promotional videos. We’ll have to wait until people actually start driving them off-road to see how they really perform. So far I’ve seen a few that have gotten stuck on obstacles and one that broke an axle in the mud. It’s not looking great so far.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
It’s doing pretty well in the curated Bronco Rodeo courses they’ve setup and in the carefully edited promotional videos. We’ll have to wait until people actually start driving them off-road to see how they really perform. So far I’ve seen a few that have gotten stuck on obstacles and one that broke an axle in the mud. It’s not looking great so far.

These videos show it on par or better than the slightly modified JL counterparts.

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
I don't think you can get there with the Bronco chassis. The IFS I have in my mind that I think you are referring to has much much longer arms. I ain't disagreeing with you as I see both have advantages,disadvantages for sure. It will be interesting to see moving forward though. I'd like to see how the Bronco's handling is effected once it's been complimented with bolt on upgrades. I had a 4Runner with an Icon lift and BFG A/T tires. I could only go a 33" tire without major mods and street driving was negatively effected. My JLUR with a 2.5" lift and 35" rides much better after mods. We'll see how it shakes out with time and backyard mechanics. Until then, can't wait to see one in action in person, not just on the handful of videos online.
That may very well be true. Design of the chassis has a big impact on "how good" each type is.

For instance, I used to race a 2000 Trans Am on road course. It has a fairly lightweight solid rear axle. We raced on a very flat road course. My good friend had a 2nd-gen Mazda RX-7 with independent rear. We both had LS motors putting down about 400 rwhp, ~3000lbs race weight (fuel, driver, etc.), and 315mm wide race slicks.

My car was much better at cornering than his, especially coming out of corners. When I cornered, both of my rear tires remained perfectly flat on the ground (well, actually, I had -0.5* camber on both rear wheels, by heating up the axle tubes on the top near the rearend, then letting them cool and contract) which gave me great traction. His, on the other hand, had the outside tire flat, but the inside was only using the inner edge for grip.

I had about a 3mph advantage coming out of the last corner and down the entire front straight.

T Town

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spaceship
There are many videos out there including the two below your post. I understand ignoring the whole thing but do you need someone to directly send you a link and then force you to watch it while they stand behind you? Can you then say people ARE actually driving them off-road?
Folks seem willfully ignorant and happy to be so around here.

Sponsored

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There are many videos out there including the two below your post. I understand ignoring the whole thing but do you need someone to directly send you a link and then force you to watch it while they stand behind you? Can you then say people ARE actually driving them off-road?
Folks seem willfully ignorant and happy to be so around here.
Wow! Two videos where they had a good day. Feel free to share more. I’ve searched and found very little so far. Most of the videos I’ve seen while searching have been by professional reviewers who seemed to baby them and then try their best to talk them up.
Broncos may be great and they may be crap. I don’t really care one way or the other. So far I haven’t seen many videos that show them in a positive way that weren’t made by people with a bias or agenda. Many of the videos I’ve seen by actual owners have shown the poor fit and finish or poor performance. I’ve seen multiple videos where the fancy technology failed to work. Feel free to share videos of actual owners enjoying their Broncos. I would love to see them.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Wow! Two videos where they had a good day. Feel free to share more. I’ve searched and found very little so far. Most of the videos I’ve seen while searching have been by professional reviewers who seemed to baby them and then try their best to talk them up.
Broncos may be great and they may be crap. I don’t really care one way or the other. So far I haven’t seen many videos that show them in a positive way that weren’t made by people with a bias or agenda. Many of the videos I’ve seen by actual owners have shown the poor fit and finish or poor performance. I’ve seen multiple videos where the fancy technology failed to work. Feel free to share videos of actual owners enjoying their Broncos. I would love to see them.
Those few videos show the how good both the JL and Bronco are and where they struggle. Hot damn the struggle and the success was the same. There was even another JL driver who had taken the same trail last year surprised by how well the Bronco did, making it look easier than his trip.

Now for your comment where are all the other vids. If you roll your Jeep you go out and buy another. If you roll the Bronco you have a 3 yr wait or need to pay twice the msrp to replace it sooner. Those that wheel the Bronco today are still finding out where the limitations are. But those real owners doing comparisons real time with JL are being surprised.

Full disclosed the JL in this bid seemed to do better before wheels and tires.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
It is silly to claim the Bronco is equivalent to the Wrangler.

It is just as silly to dismiss the Bronco as not a competitor and incapable of going off-road.

The Bronco Raptor with factory 37s and much wider control arms for extra articulation, will likely be more capable than any factory Wrangler on many serious trails. It will struggle on the east coast tighter trails due to size (just like the Gladiator does), until such trails get naturally wider as more and more Gladiators, Broncos, and full size trucks (TRX, Raptors) start using them - and that is happening.

Fact is both vehicles as convertible/adventure SUVs with removable doors/roofs. The Bronco has better steering, road manners no death wobble, and more interior space. The Wrangler has better front axle for articulation, is more nimble in size, has better heritage.

The *KEY* thing is that competition is finally pushing Jeep to do better (392, XRecon/35s). I'm waiting anxiously for the Bronco Raptor coming to market. Not because I will buy one, but because I know Jeep will have to respond (hopefully) with factory 37s.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
It’s silly until the Bronco do everything the oem Rubicon does.

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
Holy Moly, what's silly is you on this forum defending the Bronco to your death. If you actually own that white jeep your showing, sell the dam thing and go get you a bronco, go on that forum and be done already. Your like a brick wall, just go get one already and be happy fixing it.
Sponsored