Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
You don’t like Jeep’s soft top either?
I think the Bronco soft top is an abomination and I think the Jeep's soft top is OK but I personally prefer the hard top and truly love being topless and doorless as much as possible and where I live I can do that for about 4-5 months straight in spring and summer.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Sports are not a Bronco. The sport is like the Jeep Compass. Congrats on the new JL!
Someone at Ford marketing needs to be fired, maybe the whole marketing team. The Bronco Sport is decent for what it is but it should never have been named after the Bronco. People are buying them thinking they’re getting a capable off-road vehicle and then getting a rude awakening.
I also hate how they named the Mustang Mach-E. I think it’s an awesome car for what it is but why name it after the Mustang? It should be it’s own thing and just be called the Mach-E. Don’t get me started on bringing back the Maverick name and slapping it on a tiny little truck.

OP
OP
Blanco Willys

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Someone at Ford marketing needs to be fired, maybe the whole marketing team. The Bronco Sport is decent for what it is but it should never have been named after the Bronco. People are buying them thinking they’re getting a capable off-road vehicle and then getting a rude awakening.
I also hate how they named the Mustang Mach-E. I think it’s an awesome car for what it is but why name it after the Mustang? It should be it’s own thing and just be called the Mach-E. Don’t get me started on bringing back the Maverick name and slapping it on a tiny little truck.
Bronco sport is like the Bronco 2. And I had a Maverick Grabber in high school and it pissed me off to see what they did with that.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
People are buying them thinking they’re getting a capable off-road vehicle and then getting a rude awakening.
Anybody that actually bought a Bronco Sport thinking this probably deserves that rude awakening...

Sponsored

OP
OP
Blanco Willys

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Anybody that actually bought a Bronco Sport thinking this probably deserves that rude awakening...
Anyone thinking the normal Bronco is comparable to a Wrangler if funny. IDF front suspension is not straight axles.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone thinking the normal Bronco is comparable to a Wrangler if funny. IDF front suspension is not straight axles.
The way Ford has marketed it you can forgive people that aren’t avid off-roaders for making that mistake.

I was never really into Wranglers in the past. I used to go exploring off-road on dirt bikes and decided that I want to take my wife on some of my adventures. Right when I started looking into it the Bronco was announced and I was all for it until I test drove a few and found out I would have to wait a year or more to get one. So I started looking at Wranglers. I test drove a few and liked them more. I ordered one back in October when the 22s became available to order and now while waiting I’ve done a lot more research. I’m glad I wasn’t able to get a Bronco because the more I look into it the more I realize it wasn’t what I needed. That’s not to say it’s not right for some. It’s just not right for my needs. Not everyone needs a hardcore off-road vehicle.

OP
OP
Blanco Willys

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
The way Ford has marketed it you can forgive people that aren’t avid off-roaders for making that mistake.

I was never really into Wranglers in the past. I used to go exploring off-road on dirt bikes and decided that I want to take my wife on some of my adventures. Right when I started looking into it the Bronco was announced and I was all for it until I test drove a few and found out I would have to wait a year or more to get one. So I started looking at Wranglers. I test drove a few and liked them more. I ordered one back in October when the 22s became available to order and now while waiting I’ve done a lot more research. I’m glad I wasn’t able to get a Bronco because the more I look into it the more I realize it wasn’t what I needed. That’s not to say it’s not right for some. It’s just not right for my needs. Not everyone needs a hardcore off-road vehicle.
Not enough time on the trails/road to make a purchase like that. It’s all the Hype because of paid advertisements/reviews that are so bias I find it funny. When you get some real data like a person who likes to wheel all the time and uses it as a daily then we’ll know more.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Transmission was replaced or did they just did a retune on shifting? The only issue with 10R50 transmission is that after adaptive learning gets used to particular driving, you might experience hard tight upshifts (always good in my book) and confused downshift.

Sponsored

00 Trans Ram

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
You realize that, if built properly on both vehicles, independent suspension (either/both front and/or rear) is better than solid axles? It might be more expensive to build a proper IFS, but it will also perform better on- AND off-road.

Kryten

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not enough time on the trails/road to make a purchase like that. It’s all the Hype because of paid advertisements/reviews that are so bias I find it funny. When you get some real data like a person who likes to wheel all the time and uses it as a daily then we’ll know more.
I’m not really sure what your point is? Are you saying Wranglers are all hype and paid advertisements. I chose a Wrangler because after driving both I liked it more. I’m sure both will get me anywhere I want to go both on and off road. I didn’t say I was an expert off-roader. I just said I feel like I made the right choice even though I was initially lured in by the Bronco.

OP
OP
Blanco Willys

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Transmission was replaced or did they just did a retune on shifting? The only issue with 10R50 transmission is that after adaptive learning gets used to particular driving, you might experience hard tight upshifts (always good in my book) and confused downshift.
It was toast they had to replace the transmission. I’m trying to get my wife to get rid of it. Paid $32k for it and trade value right now is $39k

vegasblue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
You realize that, if built properly on both vehicles, independent suspension (either/both front and/or rear) is better than solid axles? It might be more expensive to build a proper IFS, but it will also perform better on- AND off-road.
I don't think you can get there with the Bronco chassis. The IFS I have in my mind that I think you are referring to has much much longer arms. I ain't disagreeing with you as I see both have advantages,disadvantages for sure. It will be interesting to see moving forward though. I'd like to see how the Bronco's handling is effected once it's been complimented with bolt on upgrades. I had a 4Runner with an Icon lift and BFG A/T tires. I could only go a 33" tire without major mods and street driving was negatively effected. My JLUR with a 2.5" lift and 35" rides much better after mods. We'll see how it shakes out with time and backyard mechanics. Until then, can't wait to see one in action in person, not just on the handful of videos online.

OP
OP
Blanco Willys

Blanco Willys

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
I’m not really sure what your point is? Are you saying Wranglers are all hype and paid advertisements. I chose a Wrangler because after driving both I liked it more. I’m sure both will get me anywhere I want to go both on and off road. I didn’t say I was an expert off-roader. I just said I feel like I made the right choice even though I was initially lured in by the Bronco.
No Broncos are and there isn’t enough data to tell if it’s even worth the money.
Sponsored