All this Bronco talk šŸ¤¢šŸ¤¢šŸ¤®

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Well my friend I have the bumper for you!!! Motobilt Crusher bumper for the front with winch cradle. Make me an offer.
Thatā€™s a nice looking bumper, but itā€™s a bit heavier than I am looking for. Thanks though.
Sponsored

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The headlines should have never read: "Wrangler vs Bronco", instead "Bronco vs 4runner"... or Range Rover, Explorer, Blazer, etc. Solid Axle vs (IFS) Independent Front Suspension... If you want road comfort and a foot of wheel travel off road, IFS is what you're looking for. If you want a little more travel, Ford is coming out with a $200,000 limited edition (Baja Monster) Bronco that offers 16-17" of wheel travel. If you want to drive* over boulders... that's what the Wrangler is designed for.

Last edited:
Reactions: J0E

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
Who the hell buys this type of vehicle for the stereo? Definitely not me. I'd rather have a better rig then stereo. When I'm driving on a trail with the top of I'm going to be listening to nature and my rig working. And if I want music I'm sure the stereo is adequate enough.

Also when I take my kids star gazing at night in the Summer I want them to be able to actually see the entire night sky from the back seat. Not complaining about a big fat crossbar in there way.
Dude Iā€™ve been off for a week. Did you place your order already or is it still up for debate? When you finally get yours weā€™re going to wheel šŸ’ŖšŸ¼

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I think they look good but are way over hyped. Bronco got a bad stigma on here because of the ford fanboys flooding the jl forum bragging about how much better the bronco was before the first tire hit the dirt. Then weā€™ve seen excuse after excuse with all the failures that ford has had (launch, production, pricing, soft top, hard top, interior quality, reliability, etc). Bronco is what we all thought it would be, something trying to be a Jeep but didnā€™t want to go all in. Yeah itā€™s a better road vehicle, but so is a Camry. It looks the part of an off-roader and will be able to take on many trails. It just wonā€™t go everywhere wranglers can and as reliable as a wrangler can do it.
I have yet to see an oem Rubicon go anyplace an oem badlands wonā€™t go. If thereā€™s a vid please post it.
The headlines should have never read: "Wrangler vs Bronco", instead "Bronco vs 4runner"... or Range Rover, Explorer, Blazer, etc. Solid Axle vs (IFS) Independent Front Suspension... If you want road comfort and a foot of wheel travel off road, IFS is what you're looking for. If you want a little more travel, Ford is coming out with a $200,000 limited edition (Baja Monster) Bronco that offers 16-17" of wheel travel. If you want to crawl over boulders... that's what the Wrangler is designed to do... Crawl.
4.7 gears sucks for crawling. So much so the 95:1 crawl ratio pushed Jeep to get a 100:1 in less than a year. Hmm strange how that works. Both are awesome trail rigs!

SilverBug86

First Name
John Doe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
I have yet to see an oem Rubicon go anyplace an oem badlands wonā€™t go. If thereā€™s a vid please post it.

4.7 gears sucks for crawling. So much so the 95:1 crawl ratio pushed Jeep to get a 100:1 in less than a year. Hmm strange how that works. Both are awesome trail rigs!

The last sentence was a mistake, should have left that out. I had already made my point, which was the difference between IFS and SA. You can't ignore that fact. Yes, they are both awesome "trail" rigs. The Bronco just came out, so time will tell. I'm far more confident in my Rubicon over my Nissan Frontier, and that has an upgraded $3,000 Mid-travel IFS. 4 wheels with traction is better than 2. I'm not bashing the Bronco, just thought it was ridiculous the Ford marketing team went after the Wrangler market when the just-as-capable 4runner is likely a better comparison.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
The last sentence was a mistake, should have left that out. I had already made my point, which was the difference between IFS and SA. You can't ignore that fact. Yes, they are both awesome "trail" rigs. The Bronco just came out, so time will tell. I'm far more confident in my Rubicon over my Nissan Frontier, and that has an upgraded $3,000 Mid-travel IFS. 4 wheels with traction is better than 2. I'm not bashing the Bronco, just thought it was ridiculous the Ford marketing team went after the Wrangler market when the just-as-capable 4runner is likely a better comparison.
Pretty sure you can't take the doors and top off the 4 runner. That's the Market Ford was after. The open air off roading adventure. Jeep is the only direct competition there.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
And I don't pick mine based on how well I can see stars. If I had to choose star gazing and having a stereo that sounds like crap I would rather enjoy a nice sounding stereo for the hours I'll be driving it and when I want to see stars I'll stop the vehicle and step out to see them if the crossbar is in the way.
Apparently you don't have passengers!? If you did they munch rather not have that big Ole cross bar in the way when driving around during the daytime as well.

I don't pick my rig based on just that either. A lot of factors go into it. Off Roading capability, on road capability, and what options come standard are at the forefront. Let's not get into Jeep and standard options. Lol.. That's a big fail. Pretty sad when a standard $30k base Bronco comes with power windows, doors, mirrors, LED headlights and an 8.5 inch infotainment system. Jeep makes you pay extra for all of that.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Dude Iā€™ve been off for a week. Did you place your order already or is it still up for debate? When you finally get yours weā€™re going to wheel šŸ’ŖšŸ¼
No. I'm holding off as long as possible. At least until they post the official build and price.

I guess part of me is hoping they come out with some cool options like they are doing with the Dodge Challengers.

Also I'm still hoping they come out with a less optioned 392 Rubicon. Probably have a better chance of Hell freezing over but there's still hope. Lol.

When Matt Maran reviewed the 392 he said Jeep told him that they would be coming out with other 392 variants. And I believe him. So we'll see.

Last edited:

John VonJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
No. I'm holding off as long as possible. At least until they post the official build and price.

I guess part of me is hoping they come out with some cool options like they are doing with the Dodge Challengers.

Also I'm still hoping they come out with a less optioned 392 Rubicon. Probably have a better chance of Hell freezing over but there's still hope. Lol.

When Matt Maran reviewd the 392 said Jeep told him that they would be coming out with other 392 variants. And I believe him. So we'll see.
Iā€™m pretty sure he was talking about a 392 Gladiator. Then again, we got a Willys XR, so who knows.

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Iā€™m pretty sure he was talking about a 392 Gladiator. Then again, we got a Willys XR, so who knows.
If I remember correctly he said less expensive optioned model.

Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Thatā€™s a nice looking bumper, but itā€™s a bit heavier than I am looking for. Thanks though.
Listen, you need this bumper. It will change your life. Riches will befall you, beautiful women will throw themselves at you, your children will become independent and leave the house at 18 and be successful in life. Your pet dog will live far beyond it's normal lifespan, you will be promoted at work. Yes, all this and much much more.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
Listen, you need this bumper. It will change your life. Riches will befall you, beautiful women will throw themselves at you, your children will become independent and leave the house at 18 and be successful in life. Your pet dog will live far beyond it's normal lifespan, you will be promoted at work. Yes, all this and much much more.
I wish I had known this before I got my Cavfab. Oh well.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Like Iā€™ve said I have not seen an oem rubicon go anywhere the oem badlands canā€™t. I have seen a huge difference in the Badlands vs the 4 runner. Toyota is not close in approach/departure angles crawl ratio and suspension travel oem. Not close. I have yet to see the 4 runner running 70/80mph off road too. But there may be a vid out there.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Here are some good vids. Wheel tire Bronco wheeling with Jeeps.

Sponsored

Reactions: F2F