OP

RenegadeJeeper

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Stingray JLU sport
Working of a rotopax mount with my same mounts but for 4 gallon x 2 for the roof.
Basically take some roof cross bars and Some strut north and south and connect my make shift mounts

LittleDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara JLU
Just noticed today that two 2-gallon Rotopax is about the same size as a standard 5 gallon jerry can. You could probably put a pair in any old jerry can mount.

They fit pretty well in this side mount from MORryde:
20210502_165616.jpg

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I have a 4 gallon fuel on the passenger side and two 2 gallon waters on the driver side. i mounted them all to the sides of my roof rack using the rotopax mounts and some brackets i found on amazon.

For the fuel pax it was a little heavier so i also added a section of bar stock to brace everything. its solid and i have taken if wheeling with the paxes full with no issues.

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_1020.jpg

IMG_1021.jpg

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Sorry to beat an old thread..... but NAS Adventure Caddie is in pre production. Relocates 3rd brake light, camera and license plate and attaches with two bolts using a mounting plate sandwiched between the tire carrier and wheel.

146855077_139980741293507_1162645927525570366_n (1).jpg

148269068_2325789260898278_5837983051195859741_n (1).jpg
I Like this, would be cool if I could integrate it with my DV8 body mount swing away carrier.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
My Ace Engineering Stand Alone Tire Carrier came with Rotopax mounts.

1619548033603.png
Tried ordering this in June, ACE told me two weeks ago they aren't in production and wouldn't be available to ship until late January...it took them 4 months to tell me after they took my money. I canceled the order and found a DV8 body mount on sale ($660 on Amazon). I like it better anyway. ACE has lost me as a customer.

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Tried ordering this in June, ACE told me two weeks ago they aren't in production and wouldn't be available to ship until late January...it took them 4 months to tell me after they took my money. I canceled the order and found a DV8 body mount on sale ($660 on Amazon). I like it better anyway. ACE has lost me as a customer.
I ordered an ACE front bumper in July. They told me it would be here in the middle of September. It should arrive today. 5 months to get a bumper. I am not sure how they plan to stay in business with that kind of service. Also, their site no longer states that their products are American made. Only some of them state that they are American made.

They told me that the front bumper would be here by the mid September.

sourdough

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
white JLR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
wanderer
Vehicle Showcase
I have been running with my DIY mount for 2 years. done on weekend for less than $100
DIY tailgate mount (1).jpeg

DIY fuel carrier b.jpeg

marcris95

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I ordered an ACE front bumper in July. They told me it would be here in the middle of September. It should arrive today. 5 months to get a bumper. I am not sure how they plan to stay in business with that kind of service. Also, their site no longer states that their products are American made. Only some of them state that they are American made.

They told me that the front bumper would be here by the mid September.
I have been running with my DIY mount for 2 years. done on weekend for less than $100
DIY tailgate mount (1).jpeg

DIY fuel carrier b.jpeg
wow! Thanks for that info. I was waiting for a response from ACE before getting the carrier. I noticed they would sell the carrier for $800, on sale it would be as low as $500. Currently - 12/2021 is listed for $1,500, quite a big jump.

MrMischief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
Just noticed today that two 2-gallon Rotopax is about the same size as a standard 5 gallon jerry can. You could probably put a pair in any old jerry can mount.

They fit pretty well in this side mount from MORryde:
20210502_165616.jpg
How are you liking that MORryde mount? Doesn't seem to be very popular as I only found one other thread with it and that person had complaints. I like how it's not hanging off the back of the Jeep and able to be on the Jeep when the top/doors are off. I see they have the option of just mounting a rotopax mount straight to it rather than having the shelf for a jerrycan, I suspect with that setup it would not stick out any wider than the fenders, which seems like another perk compared to other options I've seen. What am I missing? Why is this not a popular option?

Lithium Auto Banner 2