Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
*whimpers*
1500CAD plus 200+ for shipping.
I will give them call or chat with them on their site. Usually you get a better deal than the listed price. I don't know who else in Canada deal with LOD besides Northridge4x4.
Sponsored

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I will give them call or chat with them on their site. Usually you get a better deal than the listed price. I don't know who else in Canada deal with LOD besides Northridge4x4.
Yup chatted with them briefly this afternoon before I got pulled into a Teams meeting with my Director. I’ll have to see what I can do with them.

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I wanted to give a shout out to LOD. They reached out to me, and after discovering that they are only two - three hours from my US residence, offered me fantastic service and pricing.

I’ll be making a trip down to pick up parts once the border opens.

• armour lite sliders
  • skid plate
  • signature mid length w/bull bar and skid plate.
Thanks once again!

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Thanks man. It’s so nice that my kids can get in and out now not ripping up my door frames. And I still have my clearance.
Hey we'll likely use some of your photos on our website and social media sites, shoot me a pm with your order number or contact info and we'll send you a t shirt!

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
Hey we'll likely use some of your photos on our website and social media sites, shoot me a pm with your order number or contact info and we'll send you a t shirt!
Sweeeet! You want me to send the full images so u guys can resize them to ur liking.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Thanks for all the feedback and drool-worthy photos in this thread, I've just placed my order for the Armor Lites. They'll be replacing the stock plastic step on my 2018 Sahara JL. Big upgrade!

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For those who have installed these, how hard would you rate the install. I'm hoping to start the install today. Any guidance, pro tips, photos are greatly appreciated. I've got the Northridge YouTube video queued up and watched it 100 times already.

How long did it take you to install?

Thanks!

Sponsored

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well, that was a fail. I gave up after two brackets, so my Jeep is out of commission until I get this sorted. I reached out to LOD today for support, so hoping they'll get in touch. I managed to get two brackets on somewhat, but the third was where I was unable to finish. The bolt on the first bracket was also wicked hard to screw in and it's only partially done.

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3638

For those who successfully installed, do my parts match what you received from LOD? In the Northridge video, he hand threads the bolts into the flag nuts. That was not happening - two turns and nothing.

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3636

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3634

As for bolts, I have two smaller bolts, which I believe are for the center bracket, correct? Everything else uses the larger bolt?

I ended up bending the L bracket.

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3635

The part list LOD ships doesn't seem to match up with what I received. I know lots of people are good with these things, but it'd be helpful if they included better directions and labeled the parts.

Maybe I got a bad batch of bolts and flag nuts? This shouldn't be this hard.

Last edited:
OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Well, that was a fail. I gave up after two brackets, so my Jeep is out of commission until I get this sorted. I reached out to LOD today for support, so hoping they'll get in touch. I managed to get two brackets on somewhat, but the third was where I was unable to finish. The bolt on the first bracket was also wicked hard to screw in and it's only partially done.

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3635

For those who successfully installed, do my parts match what you received from LOD? In the Northridge video, he hand threads the bolts into the flag nuts. That was not happening - two turns and nothing.

As for bolts, I have two smaller bolts, which I believe are for the center bracket, correct? Everything else uses the larger bolt?

I ended up bending the L bracket.

The part list LOD ships doesn't seem to match up with what I received. I know lots of people are good with these things, but it'd be helpful if they included better directions and labeled the parts.

Maybe I got a bad batch of bolts and flag nuts? This shouldn't be this hard.
The bolt in your first picture looks like the small 1/2-13 self theading bolt. That is only used where there is no hole, you have to drill a 7/16 hole for that bolt. Be aware that there are some metric and standard bolts in the kit. The pressed nuts that are already in the jeep frame will be metric threads. The bolts and flag nuts we provide are standard SAE 1/2-13 bolts. You should not have to force them.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The bolt in your first picture looks like the small 1/2-13 self theading bolt. That is only used where there is no hole, you have to drill a 7/16 hole for that bolt. Be aware that there are some metric and standard bolts in the kit. The pressed nuts that are already in the jeep frame will be metric threads. The bolts and flag nuts we provide are standard SAE 1/2-13 bolts. You should not have to force them.
I sent an email to your support team. It appears I have a bad batch of bolts, which is likely why I’m having trouble with flag nuts also. I’ll await the call and hopefully we can get this sorted.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Huge thanks to @lodoffroad for getting new hardware out to me and providing support on a Sunday. With the new bolts and flag nuts, I was able to complete the install and it was much easier.

In short, the finer threaded bolts (metric) go into the Jeep. The others should hand thread into your flag nuts. On the passenger side, thanks to @jimim who noted you utilize the bolts that are in the skid plate.

Glamour photos to come when the Jeep is clean and in a more attractive place than my driveway.

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3667

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Huge thanks to @lodoffroad for getting new hardware out to me and providing support on a Sunday. With the new bolts and flag nuts, I was able to complete the install and it was much easier.

In short, the finer threaded bolts (metric) go into the Jeep. The others should hand thread into your flag nuts. On the passenger side, thanks to @jimim who noted you utilize the bolts that are in the skid plate.

Glamour photos to come when the Jeep is clean and in a more attractive place than my driveway.

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! IMG_3667
Awesome! Cant wait to see your glamour shots!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.