Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
For the JL 4Dr, the Armor Lite sliders are 42 lbs per side, about 10 lbs lighter per side than our Destroyer Series sliders
The skid plates are approx 10 lbs per side.
So in the full scope of frame sliders these weigh almost the exact same as the Destroyers...if you are not adding additional steps, or interested in taking on/off the steel plates...copy that
Sponsored

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
So in the full scope of frame sliders these weigh almost the exact same as the Destroyers...if you are not adding additional steps, or interested in taking on/off the steel plates...copy that
Does seem like it misses the mark doesn’t it.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Does seem like it misses the mark doesn’t it.
Why is that ? There is a large market that desire side steps, that may occasionally hit the trail and don't like dealing with the rust issues. And hopefully willing to pay for the added cost of aluminum. :fingerscrossed: Maybe not for the hard core, but able to take some abuse!

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
@lodoffroad Do you have to buy the small steps and the larger step if you want all in one? The Northridge YouTube video shows that the larger step overlayed on the two smaller?

So, I would need the base package ($1079). And then the smaller steps ($179), and then the larger step ($152). And if I hit the trail, I'd likely need the skid for any sort of protection ($152)

So for an aluminum set, with a single (large) drop step, and the skids - I need all of those items?

Where's the light package? :)

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I like the product, and the company’s products for that matter. I just figured they’d be considerably lighter than the defender series (which I have and like). Since they aren’t much lighter but cost much more, It just seems the defender is the better option.

Just one persons opinion. I get it though, 20 lbs is 20lbs and for everyday use would be beneficial.

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
@lodoffroad Do you have to buy the small steps and the larger step if you want all in one? The Northridge YouTube video shows that the larger step overlayed on the two smaller?

So, I would need the base package ($1079). And then the smaller steps ($179), and then the larger step ($152). And if I hit the trail, I'd likely need the skid for any sort of protection ($152)

So for an aluminum set, with a single (large) drop step, and the skids - I need all of those items?

Where's the light package? :)
I think you got it right. :like:

IBass

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC60 R
I was surprised to learn that to install the passenger side you have cut off a piece of the frame....this isn’t mentioned in the video.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I was surprised to learn that to install the passenger side you have cut off a piece of the frame....this isn’t mentioned in the video.
Thats only on the Gladiator. There is a big alignment tab sticking out the side of the frame right where the front mount is. The JL doesn't have one...

IBass

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, I was looking at the JT instructions. Thanks for the clarification.

Sponsored

IBass

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anyone order and receive these sliders? I placed an order 11 weeks ago and it hasn’t shipped yet....

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Anyone order and receive these sliders? I placed an order 11 weeks ago and it hasn’t shipped yet....
Yes unfortunately we were delayed a bit due to packaging. But I personally saw these getting ready for packing tomorrow! Should be shipping this week!

Larry_G

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I didn't read all the thread but are there any forum discounts on these?

They aren't in stock right now anyway so I guess it doesn't much matter.

treoguy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara
Watching this space for some forum member reviews and if shipping times improve. 11 weeks is quite a long time for shipment.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Yes there are forum discounts and they will be in stock by the end of the week! But they will go fast...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.