Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBass

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 Volvo XC60 R
Can't say I'm surprised to see the $200ish increase over the steel version. That hardware kit alone, is at least 4x the size of what comes with the original. Plus, welding components into a complete piece is a more cost efficient option, than machining the ability for the components to be bolted together.

I'm just chiming in because I was expecting a higher price. Usually, the aluminum causes about a 50% increase over the price of the steel versions.
Good input, thanks.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious about how much weight is trimmed, choosing the new aluminum over the steel version.

The 4 door steel version has a 110lb shipping weight. I'd say, between the heavy duty cardboard and ample spray foaming, the packaging accounted for at least 10lbs. So, upwards of 50lbs per side? I can't say i felt the added weight after switching out the factory rock rails, but the factory ones were quite a bit heftier than I thought they'd be.

Anyone happen to know the weight of these new sliders?

INCRHULK

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Website
litwphoto.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Program Manager, Information Technology
Clubs

I'm curious about how much weight is trimmed, choosing the new aluminum over the steel version.

The 4 door steel version has a 110lb shipping weight. I'd say, between the heavy-duty cardboard and ample spray foaming, the packaging accounted for at least 10lbs. So, upwards of 50lbs per side? I can't say i felt the added weight after switching out the factory rock rails, but the factory ones were quite a bit heftier than I thought they'd be.

Anyone happen to know the weight of these new sliders?
Aside from the weight, I was hoping they'd help combat rusting. I'm in Canada and Ontario dumps assinine loads of salt on the roads.

Last edited:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Aside from the weight, I was hoping they'd help combat rusting. I'm in Canada and Ontario dumps as loads of salt on the roads.
Yeah, I'm curious to see what happens when I can finally introduce my steel ones to a bunch of rocks.

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon (2.0L non-etoque)
Hi LOD,

What's the weight of the new Armor Lite sliders for the JLU and what can you tell us about the coating technology being used and how well it will hold up to wear and tear? I'd like to know more but can't seem to find these answers yet on the LOD website.

Thanks

Steven

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Hi LOD,

What's the weight of the new Armor Lite sliders for the JLU and what can you tell us about the coating technology being used and how well it will hold up to wear and tear? I'd like to know more but can't seem to find these answers yet on the LOD website.

Thanks

Steven
For the JL 4Dr, the Armor Lite sliders are 42 lbs per side, about 10 lbs lighter per side than our Destroyer Series sliders. The aluminum is a little different than steel in regards to the process. The powdercoating is the same but needs additional wash/prep stages to get good adhesion. But just like any powdercoated parts, you will need to periodically check for chips in the coating and touch up. Our optional skid plate attachment would be a great rock protector because it can be easily removed so you can touch up or repaint!

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
1079 for the base, then the skid attachment costs extra? likely the step extensions cost extra?

Better be amazing products, because the price is calling for perfection.

LOD - are you guys ready to be in that category of high end/high expectation? Sounds awesome, I want a pair. But - are you going to be there to support me when there's an issue? At that price, it's an expectation (just like AEV is)

Rub-ISH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 2.0t, 22 Volvo XC60 T8 ER, 06 Audi A3
1079 for the base, then the skid attachment costs extra?
I'm trying to understand this as well...Specifically the steel slider plate. Is this piece included within the cost of the this base set up?

I've tried to find photos of the bottom of this kit but there are none to be found.

How do these steel skids/sliders attach?

Are they included?

Whats the cost if not?

What kind of use are these for if the plates are not included?

How much weight will be tacked on if the steel plates need to me added?

I have to imagine that the 10lbs of weight savings go right out the window with steel sliders added back into the equation...

That said I have always wanted LOD's of some type for the body mounted, integrated step, aspects...

Also very interested in keeping the build weight down as to not kill the mpg benefits of the 2.0t!

I held off on pulling the trigger to replace the factory rubi rails to have these aluminum sliders launch but I'm left with more questions at this point.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I'm trying to understand this as well...Specifically the steel slider plate. Is this piece included within the cost of the this base set up?

I've tried to find photos of the bottom of this kit but there are none to be found.

Are they included?

Whats the cost if not?

I have to imagine that the 10lbs of weight savings go right out the window with steel sliders added back into the equation...

That said I have always wanted LOD's of some type for the body mounted, integrated step, aspects...

Also very interested in keeping the build weight down as to not kill the mpg benefits of the 2.0t!

I held off on pulling the trigger to replace the factory rubi rails to have these aluminum sliders launch but I'm left with more questions at this point.
Check out Northridge 4x4 for the current prices LOD Armor Lite Sliders!!!. They should have pricing and pictures up soon for all the options. There are more pictures and video coming soon so keep watching!

The Armor Lite Slider system meets a wide range of customer needs! All these options can be easily removed and/or added at a later time without having to remove and reistall the Armor Lite Slider.
  • Aluminum body will not rust!
  • Easy installation by one person!
  • Individual Steel Mounts are strong for trail use, and can be removed and repainted if necessary or even replaced if damaged!
  • Steel Skid Plate to protect the aluminum in the rocks, or use it as a removable rock guard! Easily remove and repaint or replace if needed! You can even remove them for daily driver and save a little weight! The skid plates weigh approx 10 lbs per side.
  • Optional quick release Drop Steps. Use for your daily driver needs, but when your ready for the weekend trail ride simply remove the Drop Steps! Less than 5 minutes and your ready to go!
  • Drop Steps are sold as pairs and you can place them anywhere along the slider, front seat or back seat!
  • Also an option for a Long Drop Step which offers a larger step surface that runs from the front step to the back step.

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Are they included?

Whats the cost if not?

Great questions. I was also looking at these but the cost is hard to justify without a lot more answers. For example, what exactly is the powder coating process being used? Is it the same or different than the e-coat and powdercoat that comes with the lessor priced Steel Body Mount version?

You'd think with the product now launched the above questions and more would be available on their website but it's not. I'm beginning to think it may not be wise to try something this new at such a premium price. The ROAM product is almost $400 less than these and if I go with the body mount version it's $600 less. A huge difference.

My greatest worry is spending that much and down the road still having to deal with a poor coating application that starts to crack or flake off and also having to spend more to protect the underside with steel which if I go the steel route is there from the beginning. Is 20lbs of weight loss worth $400-$600 savings?

Anyway, great questions and I'm interested to see what they say. My guess is none of the add ons come with the sliders. It's all additional cost on top of the over $1100 base cost (with tax) these will set me back.

Sponsored

Sbrown02

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Check out Northridge 4x4 for the current prices LOD Armor Lite Sliders!!!. They should have pricing and pictures up soon for all the options. There are more pictures and video coming soon so keep watching!

The Armor Lite Slider system meets a wide range of customer needs! All these options can be easily removed and/or added at a later time without having to remove and reistall the Armor Lite Slider.
  • Aluminum body will not rust!
  • Easy installation by one person!
  • Individual Steel Mounts are strong for trail use, and can be removed and repainted if necessary or even replaced if damaged!
  • Steel Skid Plate to protect the aluminum in the rocks, or use it as a removable rock guard! Easily remove and repaint or replace if needed! You can even remove them for daily driver and save a little weight! The skid plates weigh approx 10 lbs per side.
  • Optional quick release Drop Steps. Use for your daily driver needs, but when your ready for the weekend trail ride simply remove the Drop Steps! Less than 5 minutes and your ready to go!
  • Drop Steps are sold as pairs and you can place them anywhere along the slider, front seat or back seat!
  • Also an option for a Long Drop Step which offers a larger step surface that runs from the front step to the back step.
For those interested here's the cost of the sliders and accessories currently available from Northridge 4x4.

Screen Shot 2020-07-06 at 12.50.20 PM.png

Last edited:
OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
What's the cost and weight of each of the add on's, particularly the steel skid plate?
The Northridge 4x4 link above for cost of each item. The skid plates are approx 10 lbs per side.

RubiCoug

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392. Was '20 Rubicon, '17 Rubicon
Tack on 300 bucks for skids and steps... you are at $1400 (plus tax). Wow.

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
Do these use inch or metric hardware? I was really dissapointed that with my destroyer bumper it used inch hardware. My previously 100% metric jeep now has a mix of inch/metric in the back.

SSinGA

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT, 2018 JLUR, 2016 JKRHR, 2012 JKU Sahara
Tack on 300 bucks for skids and steps... you are at $1400 (plus tax). Wow.
yea, that's a bit hard to swallow for a part to drag across rocks. I'm sure they are nice.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.