Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
This might be my compromise for mechanical steps. How much will they weigh and will the aluminum be as strong?
Sponsored

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
This might be my compromise for mechanical steps. How much will they weigh and will the aluminum be as strong?
Hey Mamacast,
Our Armorlite Sliders will definitely be strong, maybe even stronger than our Destroyer Series. :fingerscrossed: And about 10lbs lighter per side! Keep watching as we'll be posting photos over the next few weeks!

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
Hey Mamacast,
Our Armorlite Sliders will definitely be strong, maybe even stronger than our Destroyer Series. :fingerscrossed: And about 10lbs lighter per side! Keep watching as we'll be posting photos over the next few weeks!
How much per side do your originals weigh?

benb

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport-S-KIA; 2020 JLU Rubicon
I love this!

Sponsored

OMTBiker

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th Snazzberry
Occupation
Information Technology
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait! The 2dr will be available about the time my [other brand] ones fall apart from rust.
what steps/sliders do you have currently and how long have you had them on?

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
what steps/sliders do you have currently and how long have you had them on?
Roam sidestep Rust

I’m definitely using hyperbole when I say fall apart. They started rusting about a month after installing them with very little water and no salt. They’ve been on almost 3 months now and should be their newest version. So far it’s just surface rust, but it’s at a weld on the inside of the step and hard to monitor.

revolversoul

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Sounds exactly what I have been looking for. Any idea when pre-orders will start?

RubiJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and 1992 Suzuki Sidekick
That is awesome the Aluminum will be stronger than the Destroyer rails but if they are why would you need a steel slider to go under the Aluminum. Sounds a little odd.

Sponsored

OminousSkitter

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
Occupation
Software & Coastal Engineer
That is awesome the Aluminum will be stronger than the Destroyer rails but if they are why would you need a steel slider to go under the Aluminum. Sounds a little odd.
I believe that's a difference between strength and hardness. Aluminum is more likely to make a bunch of razor sharp knives when slid over rocks -- especially with the weight of your Jeep applied to it.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
Hey Mamacast,
hey @lodoffroad can you please join the gladiator site and start a thread with these photos when you post em here?

your armor lite were mentioned in this thread, i'm sure others would like to see what you're cooking up!
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/rock-rails-thread.16475/

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (Gladys) - 89' Civic SI
Jeep JK / JL / Gladiator Armor Lite Rocksliders, Coming Soon!!!!!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE make the one for JT go from fender to fender with 1 piece. Don't be like Rock Slide Engineering and sell us an add on extension for the JL ones. That route is ugly and lazy.

i'm so glad ROAM has taken forever with theirs, i'm changing camps and waiting for yours regardless of ROAMs ETA. These look great, love the additional step.

OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
OP
OP
lodoffroad

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
I believe that's a difference between strength and hardness. Aluminum is more likely to make a bunch of razor sharp knives when slid over rocks -- especially with the weight of your Jeep applied to it.
Correct! Although our Armor Lite Slider is stronger, Aluminum is generally softer than steel. This could make it difficult to slide off rocks and cause gouging in the aluminum. If all you do is bounce off tree stumps and logs, you would be fine without the steel slider.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.