Sponsored

**ALL NEW** LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
Got mine in the mail yesterday, steel plates coming monday. How long do they take to install? watched the Northridge video a few times already, lol
It's not overly complicated, just a lot of nuts and bolts. I would say two to three hours. The hardest part is getting the pieces out of the solid foam packing. 😂
Sponsored

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0 Turbo, Delivered on 08/30/2021
Occupation
Affiliate Marketer & Search Engine Optimization Consultant
It's not overly complicated, just a lot of nuts and bolts. I would say two to three hours. The hardest part is getting the pieces out of the solid foam packing. 😂
already got them installed today :) I’m going to put on the steel plates tomorrow, it looks like it should only take five or 10 minutes

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 1642640848551

Jeep Wrangler JL **ALL NEW**  LOD Offroad Armor Lite Rock Sliders - Coming Soon!!! 1642640856198

Last edited:

Snowboardinwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 528i
Awesome, pics? Do you live in a salty climate? I'm in NY, I only run the steel sliders if I know I'll be needing them. They will trap snow salt dirt mud and whatever else you can think of under there so just something to think about.

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yes, LOD should be commended (condemned?) for their infamous foam packing... :swear:

Last edited:

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Awesome, pics? Do you live in a salty climate? I'm in NY, I only run the steel sliders if I know I'll be needing them. They will trap snow salt dirt mud and whatever else you can think of under there so just something to think about.
Nah, Orange County, CA - but good to know just in case - thanks :)

Think it's okay to just leave them on, but remove for cleaning after offroading? (ALso, how long DOES it take to put them on/remove them) - thanks again! This is my first big/real mod to the jeep, so just making sure I do it right!

Sponsored

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
It's not real hard to put the steel skid plate on... you just need to line up 4 little channel nuts and then tighten the bolts. It is difficult to get all 4 of them to line up in the channel at the same time, though. :LOL:

ELJeffe77

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
It's not real hard to put the steel skid plate on... you just need to line up 4 little channel nuts and then tighten the bolts. It is difficult to get all 4 of them to line up in the channel at the same time, though. :LOL:
Ah whatsup man, two of us North OC'ers with em now! :) You just leave the steel on once you installed it?

micahpop

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Yeah, I haven't taken them off yet. I'm sure there's some dirt and crud in there but it's not like the rest of the undercarriage of the Jeep is pristine.

Status
Not open for further replies.