Sponsored

All models - rear seat recline kit?

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation

Trauma PA

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited Sting Gray
Occupation
Saving seconds saves lives. Trauma Surgery PA.
I installed this on my 2017 JKU. On the JKU it made a big difference in back seat passenger comfort. In my opinion the JL backseat is much more comfortable than the JK in stock form so I won't be doing this to my JL.

Rick12785

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I did this on my JK and now my JL. Friends say the back of the JL is very comfortable. Not a hard install. Would recommend an impact driver for those seat bolts as they are super tight. Keep in mind if you install this you cannot fold your backseat all the way down, It sticks up a bit..

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
The JKU had no recline at all and installed the recline kit. Helped but still not that comfortable. On my JLUR had a little recline from factory but still installed the recline kit. Makes a huge difference in recline and seat angle.

The aluminum or the hard plastic works as there are a lot of recline kits available. Use a breaker bar as those bolts are tight.
Tip: Install only the 3 spacers on the rear seat back bolts and it will really lean back and see if you like it.
When you install the 4 spacers under the seats brackets it lifts up the seat so you have more thigh support.

Ellbee

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Granite, 2004 Jeep Unlimited LJ Black
I wonder why you couldn’t install on front seat? The front of the driver seat needs to be elevated to provide leg support on long trips. Maybe I’m just worn out.

Texas_Yote

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Granite, 15 JKS 2DR, F80 M3
Occupation
Slang 1's & 0's
Vehicle Showcase
I have a post in the DIY section on these. Includes before/after pics as well.
Sponsored