All Fender Flare Options (I think)

Chotaling

First Name
Cheryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Sport Unlimited
Just installed Ace Engineering Wide Fenders. Fairly straight forward but installation video on Ace site needs to be updated for rear fender install...less holes on fender so drilled out two holes that were not needed. Also recommend using anti-seize on all bolts (not just for nutserts) as we had problems with seizing during install. Most irritating though is that it says lighting works with halogen light (which I have on my Sport) and it does work but I get warning light on every start up and a fast blinking turn signal light inside - Jeep doesnā€™t recognize the light setup as working correctly. Wish Ace would have made that clear on their website.
Sponsored

Reactions: TJP

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed Ace Engineering Wide Fenders. Fairly straight forward but installation video on Ace site needs to be update for rear fender install...less holes on fender so drilled out two holes that were not needed. Also recommended using anti-seize on all bolts (not just for nutserts) as we had problems with seizing during install. Most irritating though is that it says lighting works with halogen light (which I have on my Sport) and it does work but I get warning light on every start up and a fast blinking turn signal light inside - Jeep doesnā€™t recognize the light setup as working correctly. Wish Ace would have made that clear on their website.
Nice! Pictures!

Djhyper66

First Name
JOHN
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 2020 JL
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed Ace Engineering Wide Fenders. Fairly straight forward but installation video on Ace site needs to be updated for rear fender install...less holes on fender so drilled out two holes that were not needed. Also recommend using anti-seize on all bolts (not just for nutserts) as we had problems with seizing during install. Most irritating though is that it says lighting works with halogen light (which I have on my Sport) and it does work but I get warning light on every start up and a fast blinking turn signal light inside - Jeep doesnā€™t recognize the light setup as working correctly. Wish Ace would have made that clear on their website.
Can you get a tazer and reprogram it to read the Led light signal ??

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Out of all of these options, which are the ones that doesnā€™t require cutting and drilling. I like some of these aftermarket fenders but iā€˜m not about to butcher my $60K JLUR..

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
Any recommendations, other than moving out of PA
Did you move out of PA? I think you live in the craziest state in the country, and this is a Virginian talking.

We're a close second. Here, it's exhaust, and window stickers, and tint. Thou shalt have no exhaust other than factory. Thou shalt put no stickers of any kind in your front window. (My Ford truck came factory with a "Built in USA" sticker in the front corner. I asked a State Trooper, and he cited the law that makes that illegal. FROM THE FACTORY. I never removed it, and just rolled the dice. So far, cops have had better things to do than enforce a ridiculous law.) Thou shalt not tint thy windows, and if thou didst buy a tinted vehicle from another state, thou shalt be ticketed, and the inspector who put a sticker on thy vehicle fined. They seriously hate black people with tinted windows, especially.

We actually get a pass on tire stick out though. I looked it up, and it's 4".

It's also easier to actually figure out where you are in this state. In PA I have crossed through four different named municipalities while just going on a short drive of maybe a mile at most. Your state is crazy with the municipalities.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I haven't seen my flares mentioned yet. I'm one of the handful of guys who comprise the target market for these things. They are high clearance fenders from MP Concepts.

Jeep Wrangler JL All Fender Flare Options (I think) 1629169309666

These seem to be pretty much aftermarket clones of stock Rubicon fenders. They're a lot cheaper than buying real Mopar Rubicon fender flares.

I actually like the stock fenders, and none of the aftermarket options were really jumping out at me, so I decided to go with these. The TeraFlex lift I installed said I needed an extra 1" bump stop in the front if I didn't have the high fenders, so I figured I would just add the high fenders.

Along the way, I got an education. These things claim to "reuse factory turn signals," but that isn't true across the board. There are apparently at least three front fender flares on the JLs. The cheapest one is all one piece, with narrow turn signals. There is a two piece low fender on Saharas that can have the top portion painted body color, and there is a two-piece high fender on Rubicons.

My install got cut short when I realized I had to go buy new turn signals. Which ones? I paid the $40 extra for next day shipping, and I'm hoping beyond hope that I ordered something that will fit. The tech support Jeep guru at Extreme Terrain was in front of his 65" flat screen at home, and couldn't go measure things for me so I could make sure something would actually fit. I had to just back up and take my best guess.

MattMc123

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Altitude
So do you like the MP concepts flares? Do they match the existing trim? Also Iā€™m assuming they take a rubicon led light kit. Sorry for the barrage of questions, just looking for feedback before I order them.

Sponsored

Oleg

First Name
Oleg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
Hi,
Can someone help me to choose from Mopar store rear left OEM fender to my 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
I know fender has few parts and I have no idea what should I purchase.

Jeep Wrangler JL All Fender Flare Options (I think) IMG-8773

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler Sport S
Occupation
Climatologist
LIST OF FENDER FLARES

With Lights Included:

Bushwacker (plastic) $599

Fab Fours Slim Front Fenders $450

Fab Fours Slim Rear Fenders $300

Fab Fours Wide Front $580

Fab Fours Wide Rear $440

DV8 Armor Style $682

MOPAR High Top $575

DV8 Offroad Slim Fenders $605

Rock Slide Engineering $1400

Iron Cross Offroad $800

Addictive Desert (Front) $890

Addictive Desert (Rear) $550

FabTech Steel Front $700

FabTech Steel Rear $575

Metalcloak Front $650

Metalcloak Rear $500

Road Armour Front $785

Road Armour Rear $650

ACE Engineering (narrow) $885

ACE Engineering (wide) $1050

Bodyguard Fender (Front/Rear) $1870

ROAM West Coast (Front & Rear) $890

Without Lights:

Aries Front and Rear Fenders $1100

Hauk Offroad Front (steel) $776

Hauk Offroad Front (alum) $1122

Amazon EAG Front/Rear $240

Let me know if I am missing any. I did not list the Fab Fours Grumper set.
Does anyone produce rear quarter flares that follow the round mouth of the rear wheel wells? The semi-trapezoid-shaped flares aint cuttin' it for me. I'd like to offer a nod to the Wrangler's CJ roots. The only CJ that came with the semi-trapezoidal rear quarter flares was the CJ-8. Granted, the JL is not a CJ, but I prefer the look of the round rear well opening. Is there a manufacturer out there anywhere that offers such an item?

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Xenon Flat panel flares can soon be added to this list :party:. We're wrapping up development now, pricing to be announced.

Polyurethane Flat Panel Flare w/ integrated flexible switchback LED. Front 2" over stock width (50 state compliance when running ~12.5"W tires).
Looked at your web page and did not see anything for the JL. Can you help me?

TamTam

First Name
Tammy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Wrangler Earl Grey JLURXR
Occupation
Medically retired
Bestop makes a nice set w/lights. Had mine paint matched and the fit is great

Jeep Wrangler JL All Fender Flare Options (I think) IMG-8773
Iā€™m getting the Bestop Granite Series Fender Flares, Inner Liners as well as the matching Granite Series front and rear bumpers.
Sponsored