All electric Wrangler in 2023?

OP
OP

Rufus

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
When you are trying to get through a hard obstacle the roar of a gas engine, or the whine of the turbo I4, adds to the drama. All electric is gonna be very anticlimactic, like watching mad max without audio.
Like this: ‘68 GT350 w Cleveland 351
1630734853748.jpeg
Advertisement

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
I have 10 gallons in cans with me. Half a tank. Is there a battery pack that will do that yet? Didn't think so.
https://enphase.com/installers/storage/encharge-10 a bit large, but 3 or 4 would fit… I think the key is match the ev or gas store for the trail of interest… on some trails I go through a full tank of gas in - 30 miles in my jlru… EV will be worse, but it’s not impossible. I think Jeep is on to something by using a trans and t-case with EV, so that energy consumption is not wasted. Just like the guys that run 4 bangers with 2 t-cases.

TCogs1

First Name
Thomas
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cj6
https://enphase.com/installers/storage/encharge-10 a bit large, but 3 or 4 would fit… I think the key is match the ev or gas store for the trail of interest… on some trails I go through a full tank of gas in - 30 miles in my jlru… EV will be worse, but it’s not impossible. I think Jeep is on to something by using a trans and t-case with EV, so that energy consumption is not wasted. Just like the guys that run 4 bangers with 2 t-cases.
Personally, I like the propane generator for back up idea… I am sure somebody makes a hydrogen great or too which would be even smaller…

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2020 C8, 2020 Indian Scout Bobber
Electric vehicle technology is not yet ready for prime time when it comes to off-roading and towing.

There are multiple videos out there showing Teslas towing; their range gets cut by two thirds, from 300 down to 100 miles!

TFL recently showed a 4Xe going up a trail in purely electric mode: it made it only 3.4 miles before the gasoline engine had to kick in.

At this point I see a Wrangler EV being strictly for mall use.
Gas powered vehicles are no different. If I tow an airstream with my truck my mpg drops by more than half which means I fill up more often.

more high powered charging stations are needed to correct that challenge, which there is ample investment Halle info on that front.
After driving my 4xe, I’d happily get a bev and go full electric.

Oilburner

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
Gas powered vehicles are no different. If I tow an airstream with my truck my mpg drops by more than half which means I fill up more often.
I can tow up to about 7K before my diesel Super Duty even notices I'm pulling anything (mileage-wise) 🤷

N8213

First Name
Nathan
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2020 C8, 2020 Indian Scout Bobber
I can tow up to about 7K before my diesel Super Duty even notices I'm pulling anything (mileage-wise) 🤷
Well yeah. My John deer can pull 20,000 lbs before I know it has something on the hitch. No effect on mileage.

dmen

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Willys
Advertisement

ATO4x4

Advertisement