Sponsored

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Instead of saying "gas it" or "give it gas" are we going to say "electricity it" "give it electricity" lol
Some men will make the mistake of saying, “charge it up”. And then their wives will take their credit cards and add them to their purse which already has their balls.
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ram TRX, 20' Gladiator LE
Ow

Why not? 🙂 For instance, the 500e is already selling in Europe, where there’s a much bigger appetite and infrastructure for electric vehicles. The same thing applies to China, where emissions concerns are pressing. The only one lagging at the moment is the US, and honestly it’s about time we started we changed that. I think they should bring a 2door EV, alongside a 4door, and the whole Jeep line-up too. I know what you mean about being a tough sell in the US, but that change is inevitable, so might as well happen sooner than later. 🙂
I’ve leased two 500e and they were really great. The incentives on both made leasing them $99.00 a month with little $$$ out of pocket. Too bad the new 500e isn’t available here in the USA. The interior is now excellent which wasn’t the case in the previous model.

The best experience in leasing those vehicles was no maintenance. None. Had to buy tires but those were inexpensive too.

LFMS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
I’ve leased two 500e and they were really great. The incentives on both made leasing them $99.00 a month with little $$$ out of pocket. Too bad the new 500e isn’t available here in the USA. The interior is now excellent which wasn’t the case in the previous model.

The best experience in leasing those vehicles was no maintenance. None. Had to buy tires but those were inexpensive too.
It’s a great a deal! And I heard that they also have this package that if you need to go on a bigger trip or somewhere remote, you can drop off your EV at the dealership and pick any other FCA combustion vehicle. I don’t know how it works in detail - but it’s this type of solutions we need while we go through this transition period of ICE to EV.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
hmm, never thought about that..
But you know, Fiat doesn't have ownership anymore. The French have taken over. I'm not too sure that is a good thing but it is what it is.
Well these things were developed under Fiat ownership.

I believe PSA ownership is a good thing.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Why not? 🙂 For instance, the 500e is already selling in Europe, where there’s a much bigger appetite and infrastructure for electric vehicles. The same thing applies to China, where emissions concerns are pressing. The only one lagging at the moment is the US, and honestly it’s about time we started we changed that. I think they should bring a 2door EV, alongside a 4door, and the whole Jeep line-up too. I know what you mean about being a tough sell in the US, but that change is inevitable, so might as well happen sooner than later. 🙂
Because demand for EVs is minuscule, as is demand for 2-door vehicles. If you intersect the two, you get very very very small demand.

I am not saying that EVs aren't the future. But until they become mainstream, automakers have to do everything in their power to sell these things. Offering EVs in 2-door configuration is just silly.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Because demand for EVs is minuscule,
You sure about that? I see Teslas on a pretty regular basis. Much more often than seeing niche market vehicles. Other EVs have been restricted to certain states so that Miniscule market has been artificial because manufacturers were unwilling to sell nationwide until Tesla hit the market.

Sponsored

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep
It was just a matter of time before this happened. GM is rolling out the all electric hummer so it is just the way things are going. I'm fine with it as long as they continue to offer gas powered versions. I will say rescuing your buddy's all electric Wrangler with a dead battery is definetly going to suck.
Simple, drop off a gas powered generator and come back in a few hours.....😁

Mike921921

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep

Karnak

First Name
Yan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL 3.6 Sport S - 2 door
Occupation
government
Vehicle Showcase
When off roading this jeep? Instead of saying "gas it" or "give it gas" are we going to say "electricity it" "give it electricity" lol
Ohm my god Watts up with the Buzz just zapp it...

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
You sure about that? I see Teslas on a pretty regular basis. Much more often than seeing niche market vehicles. Other EVs have been restricted to certain states so that Miniscule market has been artificial because manufacturers were unwilling to sell nationwide until Tesla hit the market.
Yup. Tesla had a 1% market share in 2020.

Notice that everything it now sells has 4 doors. It started with a 2-door sports car but sales were nothing. It wasn't until it launched a 4-door sedan that consumers took notice and Tesla became a household name.

Bren

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Granite Crystal Rubicon 4XE
Yup. Tesla had a 1% market share in 2020.

Notice that everything it now sells has 4 doors. It started with a 2-door sports car but sales were nothing. It wasn't until it launched a 4-door sedan that consumers took notice and Tesla became a household name.
Sales were nothing because it was a cobbled together proof of concept for over $100k with no charging network. It served it's purpose very well at the time - convincing people that electric cars could be stylish and fun, but that car was never intended for volume sales.

I would LOVE a 2-door EV Jeep. I agree that they wouldn't be a sales leader, but assuming a 2dr and a 4dr would use the same pack and given that a 2dr is lighter than a 4-door I'd gladly take a little extra range with my classic shape. To me this is the absolute perfect city car. 2 door jeeps are already great urban runners due to short wheelbase, easy 4-corner visibility, stress-free street parking (rubber bumpers mean no damage), a tight turning circle and the bonus of parking in those snowbank spaces people haven't cleared yet. The ONLY downside is city gas mileage and an EV takes care of that.

But maybe I'm just uniquely the customer for this, since my current garage has 1 electric (Model 3 Performance) and two 2 doors (JK and Miata) plus two BMW i3's (practically 2-doors) prior to the Model 3.
Sponsored