Sponsored

All Electric for Chrysler by 2028. sooner than I thought.

jeepster345

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS
Chrysler only has two cars at this point, so it’s a pretty realistic target. I kinda like the idea of them skipping the hybrids and going straight to electric. Seems they’re positioning Chrysler as the premium city brand which would work with electric.

The brand positioning they’re going with also seems to make sense. They’re trying to turn all the brands into so called “premium” brands, meaning they can justify prices. Chrysler is the everyday electric brand, Dodge is the performance electric brand, Jeep is the rugged, nature brand, and Ram is the commercial, work brand.

I also have a gut feeling that Jeep and Ram will be the last of the brands to use some form of ICE. Jeeps whole thing is about going out into the middle of nowhere and that just isn’t realistic with a fully electric. They probably will have fully electric ones, but they’ll still sell some form of ICE. Ram is going to need them for the towing and payload purposes. Until electric can match that, ICE will be the dominant choice.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That's a good looking car. Hope it makes it to production.
Sponsored