Sponsored

Alignment Way Off - Best Place to Take my 392?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
So they don’t know exactly why it’s pulling to the right but the only thing they can think of is the tires and stock parts. They said if I take it off roading more it will probably get worse. At the end of the day if I’m going to be off roading a lot these are the upgrades I should do. What do you all think?

FYI they didn’t push metal cloak. They use TeraFlex as well but I would prefer a metal cloak if I go with the quote. I told them it’s not really about the money. I just absolutely want my steering fixed. He said he’s about 90% sure that this would solve a problem but of course with a solid front axle and little adjustment available on the stock parts there’s no way he can guarantee it will.

They can’t even do this work until the second week of January.

3246C7F6-678C-40C3-AAE2-C43DABA664DD.jpeg

1BA60B52-C9B0-4872-83AC-76976AE21911.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, do you have the stock tires -- if so maybe see if the problem goes away with them on? I'd be extremely hesitant to introduce new variables into the equation (it's something I will just simply never do). Eliminate this variable first before proceeding otherwise you may throw parts at the wrong "problem" that doesn't actually exist.

TJP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
ok so I have the same tires as you except D load. I may also be having radial drift to right.

i have a RK 2.5” xfactor, and recently installed a steer smarts drag link and have synergy tie rod. I could not get the synergy drag link short enough and it also got out of alignment often.

From all the reading I have done on this topic, here are the numbers Im going to shoot for tomorrow:

Caster

Driver: 6.3

Passenger: 6.5

Toe total

.38 degrees total IN (positive)

For caster having .2 to.4 more on passenger side actually helps the jeep push left so its odd w your split your having to fight the wheel as much.

i think more toe in for us will help w these size tires. When you drive the tires want to push out, and that can cause wander so having them more in is what I have read helps.

Lastly, im going to have my front tires swaped left to right if it still drifts to right after alignment. If that fixes it or drifts left, then I may have a bad tire and will try to warranty it.

what pressure are you running? I calculated mine should be at 26psi cold.

also check out tirerack.com they have a good article on diagnosing tire pull.

ill report back.

PS based on your load C tires going from oem to 37” looks like you should be running 26 psi cold … but Id chalk test it.

So they don’t know exactly why it’s pulling to the right but the only thing they can think of is the tires and stock parts. They said if I take it off roading more it will probably get worse. At the end of the day if I’m going to be off roading a lot these are the upgrades I should do. What do you all think?

FYI they didn’t push metal cloak. They use TeraFlex as well but I would prefer a metal cloak if I go with the quote. I told them it’s not really about the money. I just absolutely want my steering fixed. He said he’s about 90% sure that this would solve a problem but of course with a solid front axle and little adjustment available on the stock parts there’s no way he can guarantee it will.

They can’t even do this work until the second week of January.

View attachment 536119

View attachment 536121
984F2394-BE4B-4C2B-B6E1-52A7D52064A9.png

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Just curious, do you have the stock tires -- if so maybe see if the problem goes away with them on? I'd be extremely hesitant to introduce new variables into the equation (it's something I will just simply never do). Eliminate this variable first before proceeding otherwise you may throw parts at the wrong "problem" that doesn't actually exist.
Yeah I agree this is my thought as well. It just doesn’t make sense to throw “solutions” to this problem just yet. No I don’t have the original tires.

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I agree this is my thought as well. It just doesn’t make sense to throw “solutions” to this problem just yet. No I don’t have the original tires.
Buy take offs, eliminate the variable, and sell the take offs after. My $0.02. Otherwise you are about to go down a very, very slippery rabbit hole that may not end well. Been there done that. Never again.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
Buy take offs, eliminate the variable, and sell the take offs after. My $0.02. Otherwise you are about to go down a very, very slippery rabbit hole that may not end well. Been there done that. Never again.
I’ll take your word for it. The tires weren’t even rotated yet. Something I need to try first.

ozon8r

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392 Hydro Blue
Build Thread
Link
OP: If you have the tazer mini installed, have you tried forcing 2WD and if so, do you experience the same pull?

Just a thought based on my experience post MetalCloak lift.

Since I installed my lift, I experience torque steer to driver side when in 4 auto under full throttle, not noticeable under normal throttle or when in 2WD (Tazer Mini) regardless of throttle position. The 392 tracks true when maintaining speed, coasting, and braking regardless of transfer case status (4WD/2WD).

All alignment measures within spec. Still trouble shooting and had a similar experience on my 2019 Land Cruiser after installing an OME BP 51 lift when under heavy throttle and pulling driver side.

OP
OP
alksion

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Biz Owner
OP: If you have the tazer mini installed, have you tried forcing 2WD and if so, do you experience the same pull?

Just a thought based on my experience post MetalCloak lift.

Since I installed my lift, I experience torque steer to driver side when in 4 auto under full throttle, not noticeable under normal throttle or when in 2WD (Tazer Mini) regardless of throttle position. The 392 tracks true when maintaining speed, coasting, and braking regardless of transfer case status (4WD/2WD).

All alignment measures within spec. Still trouble shooting and had a similar experience on my 2019 Land Cruiser after installing an OME BP 51 lift when under heavy throttle and pulling driver side.
I haven’t changed anything but the tires. I can definitely try to put it into a drive since I have a taser mini installed.
Sponsored