Sponsored

Alignment Results ?? Castor Angle With Fixed LCAs?

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimted Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Seeking advice. Im certainly no expert when it comes to alignment stuff. Attached are the results of the alignment I had done today.

I have free lifetime rotation, balance and alignment check from RnR Tire where I bought my rims and tires. Took it to for tire rotation and road force balancing. Tech said there was only a small adjustment to the toe.

My questions are - Why did my castor change when I do not have adjustable contral arms?

Is there anything on these results that is concerning?
Sponsored

Attachments

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
That does seem strange, AFAIK the only way caster should change w/ fixed control arms is adding or reducing lift, from the change it seems like about a 1" lift was added???
Maybe @Roky could help

stumblinhorse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Shouldn’t change that much…. I would be skeptical about the machine doing the measurements.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Seeking advice. Im certainly no expert when it comes to alignment stuff. Attached are the results of the alignment I had done today.

I have free lifetime rotation, balance and alignment check from RnR Tire where I bought my rims and tires. Took it to for tire rotation and road force balancing. Tech said there was only a small adjustment to the toe.

My questions are - Why did my castor change when I do not have adjustable contral arms?

Is there anything on these results that is concerning?
Not a 100 percent sure what happened, but the most likely scenario based on where you got the alignment done is that the Jeep rolled forward or back a little when they made the toe adjustment. The camber or toe wouldn’t change from the roll. This is not uncommon with Jeep alignments at tire stores.

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not a 100 percent sure what happened, but the most likely scenario based on where you got the alignment done is that the Jeep rolled forward or back a little when they made the toe adjustment. The camber or toe wouldn’t change from the roll. This is not uncommon with Jeep alignments at tire stores.
Thanks. I'm have a new tie rod and drag link installed next week and will have another alignment done at Firestone (the off road shop recommended them as the off road shop does not do alignments) It will be interesting to see the results.

The Jeep drives fine. I was baffled why the castor changed when I have factory fixed LCAs!

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
They didn’t do the measurement right. No big deal, as it isn’t adjustable.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks. I'm have a new tie rod and drag link installed next week and will have another alignment done at Firestone (the off road shop recommended them as the off road shop does not do alignments) It will be interesting to see the results.

The Jeep drives fine. I was baffled why the castor changed when I have factory fixed LCAs!
I wouldn’t pay for somewhere else to do it if you have lifetime already?

Food for thought, will RnR install the tie rod and drag link for less than the other shop?

OP
OP
SRQgunner

SRQgunner

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I wouldn’t pay for somewhere else to do it if you have lifetime already?

Food for thought, will RnR install the tie rod and drag link for less than the other shop?
I did not think to ask RNR if they do tie rods and drag links. they are primary a tire and alignment shop. Additionally the off road shop is going to do my ball joints and lift. Im doing it in phases
Sponsored