Sponsored

Alignment after adding mods

DShanesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I added 33 AT wild peaks, front and rear steel bumpers, steel rock rails and an 80 lb 12 k winch. Should I get an alignment and/ or new coils and shocks due to about 350lbs if added weight? I have a sport 2020 JLU.
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
I added 33 AT wild peaks, front and rear steel bumpers, steel rock rails and an 80 lb 12 k winch. Should I get an alignment and/ or new coils and shocks due to about 350lbs if added weight? I have a sport 2020 JLU.
Thanks in advance!
You won't need an alignment as no steering components were affected but you might consider a 1" leveling kit at a minimum. If it was mine I'd go ahead and get the Rubicon takeoff suspension from the heaviest 4dr Rubicon model you can find and also add a 3/4" front coil spacer to level things out.
Did that on my 2 dr and it's nice and level now, rides great and easily run up to 34" tires.
Here's a thread on the install, applies to a 4dr too.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/

OP
OP
DShanesky

DShanesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You won't need an alignment as no steering components were affected but you might consider a 1" leveling kit at a minimum. If it was mine I'd go ahead and get the Rubicon takeoff suspension from the heaviest 4dr Rubicon model you can find and also add a 3/4" front coil spacer to level things out.
Did that on my 2 dr and it's nice and level now, rides great and easily run up to 34" tires.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport.40700/
Great info and link! I was gonna do a 2.5 inch spacer kit from rough country but now I may do the rubicon shocks and coils with the spacer lift only in the front. I’m about to go to Beasley Knob and want to make sure I can handle it. Thanks man!!

OP
OP
DShanesky

DShanesky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to purchase a willys take off suspension from a 4 door hard top. I am told it’s pretty comparable to the rubicon. Do you think that would work? And how much lift would I net? I’m thinking about adding a little rear spacer too. Do I need shock extensions or bump stops??

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I am going to purchase a willys take off suspension from a 4 door hard top. I am told it’s pretty comparable to the rubicon. Do you think that would work? And how much lift would I net? I’m thinking about adding a little rear spacer too. Do I need shock extensions or bump stops??
Did you double check that a Willy's suspension is same as a Rubicon? I would suggest that before spending money. They say even different Rubicons have different stiffness depending on the OEM bumpers.

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Did you double check that a Willy's suspension is same as a Rubicon? I would suggest that before spending money. They say even different Rubicons have different stiffness depending on the OEM bumpers.
Only the shocks are the same, you won't get the Rubicon springs so you won't get the additional lift :(