Sponsored

Alignment After 2.5" TeraFlex Performance Spacer Lift and 35" Tires?

mmajer4211

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I just installed a 2.5" TeraFlex Performance Spacer Lift and 35" tires and my jeep now pulls slightly to the right. Not a ton but enough to bug me. Think it's just an alignment issue? The wheel is straight when the tires are straight while parked so I don't think that's the issue but have no idea. I have an appointment set for today to get the alignment done but just wanted some insight so I'm not throwing money at the wrong things. Thanks.
Sponsored

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

yes, do the alignment. your cast angle was changed and if you replaced the track bar than that will need to be adjusted to center everything back up. My lift should be shipping from jks next week and (fingers crossed.) once i get it installed ill be having my local firestone do my alignment and paying the life time alignment for the extra 40 bucks. well worth it. plus it saves you on the tires when they wear funny

OP
OP
mmajer4211

mmajer4211

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, do the alignment. your cast angle was changed and if you replaced the track bar than that will need to be adjusted to center everything back up. My lift should be shipping from jks next week and (fingers crossed.) once i get it installed ill be having my local firestone do my alignment and paying the life time alignment for the extra 40 bucks. well worth it. plus it saves you on the tires when they wear funny
My appointment is at Firestone as well and will be doing the lifetime too. Makes total sense. I did not replace the track bar though. Is that something I should be looking into?

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

My appointment is at Firestone as well and will be doing the lifetime too. Makes total sense. I did not replace the track bar though. Is that something I should be looking into?
I hear its not a huge deal but it will off center your axle a little bit. You can measure from the center point of the jeep or the frame to the outter wall of the tire and see how far off it is. 2.5" isnt to much so it shouldnt be to bad. did the terra flex lift come with a bracket extension for the track bar? i dont think it does but im not 100% with them

demisx

First Name
Dee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Clubs

By alignment, do yo7 guys mean tire alignment or something else?

Sponsored

OP
OP
mmajer4211

mmajer4211

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By alignment, do yo7 guys mean tire alignment or something else?
Firestone will only do toe alignment because they won't mess with taking the control arms off to adjust them. This is what they told me so I'm not sure if others have had the same issue.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Caster won't generally make the vehicle pull but it can feel like you're driving on ice and/or affect return-to-center.

If your toe was correct before, it's still exactly the same now.

If the vehicle is truly pulling to one side AFTER a lift install I'd wonder if it isn't crab-walking a bit if one axle is less centered than another.

LT alignments are toe 'n go only - no place can sell this and make $ doing repeated caster/camber adjustments

OP
OP
mmajer4211

mmajer4211

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Caster won't generally make the vehicle pull but it can feel like you're driving on ice and/or affect return-to-center.

If your toe was correct before, it's still exactly the same now.

If the vehicle is truly pulling to one side AFTER a lift install I'd wonder if it isn't crab-walking a bit if one axle is less centered than another.

LT alignments are toe 'n go only - no place can sell this and make $ doing repeated caster/camber adjustments
Oh I'm good now. Honestly, I think it had something to do with the steering box issue because as soon as I had that replaced it drives absolutely perfect.
Sponsored