Alien Sunshade VS DirtyDof 4x4 sunshade

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I'm sure they'll have it out by the end of the month or a couple weeks it's well worth the way it's really nice so much better than a one piece
Sponsored

crushinit

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and WK2
I'm sure they'll have it out by the end of the month or a couple weeks it's well worth the way it's really nice so much better than a one piece
Sorry- I meant the color of the sunshade. I was thinking about getting white to match my Jeep but curious how you thought the Black looked now that you have it

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I would never get a white shade just my opinion. I really like the black a lot looks good with a white Jeep

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
I don't know why they don't have it on there yet because they have it ask for Lynn when you call the manager. I guess I got lucky the guy that owned the company just sold it a couple weeks ago but he sent me one and I bought it from Alien. I guess they don't want to make it available to the public yet. that's where I bought it from. Ask Lynn the manager to call you. Bye good luck their customer service is horrible. I was I was lucky the gentleman that sold it really take care of me before he sold Alien shade
And this is a JL, correct? Your profile says you don't have a JL yet, just a JK.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Yes yes yes it's a JL sorry I did not go back in my profile and change that can you not tell by the pictures it's a JL. They're just not making them available yet to the public I guess I got mine to the owner Ryan that sold the company couple weeks ago he promised me one when they got in and I got it look at the pictures you can tell to JL I don't know what to tell you just wait I guess. Can you not see in the pictures it's a JL. sorry I tried to change my profile while back and it would not let me do it. This is my JL right here buddy
Screenshot_20180813-074142_Gallery.jpg

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I know it's frustrating they have horrible customer service no one would ever call me back tell the owner call me one day. HeHe sa he sold the company but he would take care of me and he did

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Ask them if you can please have Ryan call you back he sold the company but can he still call you back. If you get ahold of him he'll probably sell you want I just don't think they put them in the system yet he probably pulled one and sold it to me my guess. I was going to buy a competitor and he said no we will have it by the end of August and it came out the 1st of August and he sold it to me. I don't know why they're waiting to put it in the system and their inventory. But I promise you I have one

Kadonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Manual Trans Front Spacers, 2010 JKU Wrangler Sport
Yes yes yes it's a JL sorry I did not go back in my profile and change that can you not tell by the pictures it's a JL. They're just not making them available yet to the public I guess I got mine to the owner Ryan that sold the company couple weeks ago he promised me one when they got in and I got it look at the pictures you can tell to JL I don't know what to tell you just wait I guess. Can you not see in the pictures it's a JL. sorry I tried to change my profile while back and it would not let me do it. This is my JL right here buddy
Ok, just asking. I didn't stare at the pics. Good to know they have it made, now I hope they start selling it. You are lucky you got it.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I looked at Dirty Dog they seem like they were too thin somebody had one in person I did not like it spider web Shades are nice and the owners a very nice guy Chris. But they did not know when the two piece was coming out for the rear so I went with alien and I'm very happy

Sponsored

MinorInsanity

First Name
Clarence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Mojito Rubicon
I know there was a bad mention of dirty dog in here, but I ended up buying one at the NJ jeep invasion and honestly the back one doesn't flap at all. It did at the beginning when I First put it on, but I went around did a quick tightening and now it doesn't flap at all. Just wanted to counter balance that.

I love the 2 shade idea, simply b/c I still kind of miss the open feeling but the dirty dog (and I'm assuming they all work the same) cover freaking rocks dealing with the sun. Nothing like leaving the black leather seats out in the sun in 95 degree weather and I can sit right on them and it's not really that hot. The rear cover will always be up just for protection for my kid in the back seat.

Again I don't think you can go wrong with any them as they all seem to get great reviews from others. As I said I finally gave in at the NJ jeep invasion and its worth it, if nothing else just for the rear shade for the kid.
Thanks for the input. I'll be getting a shade come Spring since Winter is Coming. :) After reviewing the main contenders for Sunshades, I'm strongly leaning toward DirtyDog. Their netting is top notch and I was hoping their shade is as well.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I do like their Nets they are pretty cool

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread but has anyone had issues with the front clips for the alien shade? All of my clips didn’t last long out here in Hawaii, but since I swapped permanently to a soft top now I don’t know if it is smart to have the shade in the front since it gets in the way.

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread but has anyone had issues with the front clips for the alien shade? All of my clips didn’t last long out here in Hawaii, but since I swapped permanently to a soft top now I don’t know if it is smart to have the shade in the front since it gets in the way.
Check out this thread:

Broken front shade clips

Last edited:

Quetzal

First Name
ERIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Teacher
Ordered the shadeidea, thinking it was identical to Alien Sunshade, and looks the same, but is not. Think I'm returning it, due to the fact that 4 of the bumgees don't even have a ball on them, and I don't see anything in the instructions to clarify how they would even work.
Sponsored