Alien Sunshade - Issue with 2 Piece Rear Sunshade Mesh buckling

Mike21163

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The back mesh has a buckle toward the front. I've looked at many pictures on this forum, and the rear on most of them has a buckle on both sides. I think it's causing a louder whistling noise, and it doesn't look as nice or as flush as the front. How many others have also noticed this? I have reached out to Alien Shade and they are looking into the issue.

Post you buckled mesh pictures here, so Alien Sunshade realizes this is a larger issue. I included a picture of the front as well, to show no buckle.

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG
Sponsored

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Hey Mike!
Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We certainly always appreciate customer feedback, and just want to thank you for sharing and let you know that we're looking into this.

-Andrew

smokinjeep

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL on order
LOL. dont buy dirtydog if youre worried about buckling then. What a mess that product is.

Midwestguy

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Dang it. I was doing research last week on which shade to buy and was swaying heavily towards Alien...this changes things.

Andrew, any idea on when you may change the cut/pattern? Need two of these for summer but dont want the buckle.

Sponsored

Dvol

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting Gray JLUR
LOL. dont buy dirtydog if youre worried about buckling then. What a mess that product is.
+1 agree 100%. dirtydog cargo covers and netting are good, but the 2 piece shades are pretty crappy IMHO. .So i ordered the 1 piece Alien shade on monday and it will be here tomorrow. Fast service IMO. Cant wait to install it. The dirtydog one flaps and just doesnt work well IMO. Most here seem to like Alienshades.. we shall see..

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

the whistle noise is front the bungee balls facing up. i also moved mine to face in to the jeep. zero noise with it like that. Love my AlienShade! ive had no buckle issues though

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
....this changes things....
Really it shouldn’t. The way I look at it is that this is an isolated occurrence, possibly a one off quality issue, while that’s no excuse, it does happen. Could also be due to installation. The video instructions do mention repeatedly that adjustments are required after install and to let the material sit in the sun prior to installing.

At any rate, the fact that @AlienSunshade provides, in my experience, exceptional customer service that alone should stand for something when comparing companies. If you look from 50,000 feet there are almost 0 customer complaints on the company which pales in comparison to the volume of sales they do each quarter I would imagine.

A million + sold and maybe 2 issues at most is pretty good quality and it sounds like Andrew is on point with helping this gentleman out.

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Yup, bungee balls should definitely be on the underside. There shouldn't be any whistling. I've been running the 2-piece and it's surprisingly quiet compared to running no shade at all even at highway speeds.

As for the buckling, I installed a few different rears on my JLUR to test and haven't been able to replicate it so we're still investigating the issue although it seems to be very isolated. The other thing is that you can adjust the location of the bungees. An inch one way or another can affect the fitment so if it's not sitting right, I'd suggest playing around with the location of the bungees to see if that helps.

-Andrew

Sponsored

rawgeezy33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JEEP JL UNLIMITED
The back mesh has a buckle toward the front. I've looked at many pictures on this forum, and the rear on most of them has a buckle on both sides. I think it's causing a louder whistling noise, and it doesn't look as nice or as flush as the front. How many others have also noticed this? I have reached out to Alien Shade and they are looking into the issue.

Post you buckled mesh pictures here, so Alien Sunshade realizes this is a larger issue. I included a picture of the front as well, to show no buckle.

IMG_5709.JPG

IMG_5695.JPG

IMG_5697.JPG

IMG_5696.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG
67818644-4A3C-4B02-9B41-C998F1A00B72.jpeg

D9B149CE-E351-4D63-86B0-7288665A1945.jpeg

thadius65

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, , 2019 Honda Pilot Elite, 2014 BMW 535i Xdrive
@AlienSunshade - Have sent three PMs via this forum and FB with no response. Called and no answer. How can a perspective customer get a response?
Sponsored