Alien Sunshade Customer Showcase and Gallery

donavo

First Name
Av
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
i just installed the alien shade. definitely has alot of buckling in the back section. and some of the bungies were extremely difficult. is it good to function as a hammock too?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
i just installed the alien shade. definitely has alot of buckling in the back section. and some of the bungies were extremely difficult. is it good to function as a hammock too?
@donavo

Check your placement of the bungies.... you should not be seeing "alot of buckling".

NO, do not use as a hammock.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

so the Shade Idea on amazon are better? they got a guy laying on it like a hammock.
I don't recommend using them as a hammock.

The Shade Idea shades are high quality and install very easily. No need to drop the windshield. I have one and like it allot.

beammmer

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL two-door, 2017 X5, 1973 2002
Howdy, the front right bungee on my alien came out of its position, and the owner of the Jeep (me) doesn't remember how they reattach without moving the front windshield.

I'm going to Google it but though about the forum first.

Thanks, Don

Jeep Wrangler JL Alien Sunshade Customer Showcase and Gallery 1620325984400

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Howdy, the front right bungee on my alien came out of its position, and the owner of the Jeep (me) doesn't remember how they reattach without moving the front windshield.
With those clips, the easiest way is to lower the windshield a bit. It's my understanding that you can undo the bolts and tilt the windshield forward just enough (not fully) to get the clip in place. It shouldn't require fully dropping the windshield, unless you want to.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
I'm about to install the Alien two piece sunshade and was wondering if anyone adds paint protection film underneath the bungees to keep them from marring up the paint/black plastic trim? I've read that Spiderwebshade includes 3M clear adhesive with their kit.

I'm open to all suggestions from those that have already installed theirs.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I'm about to install the Alien two piece sunshade and was wondering if anyone adds paint protection film underneath the bungees to keep them from marring up the paint/black plastic trim? I've read that Spiderwebshade includes 3M clear adhesive with their kit.

I'm open to all suggestions from those that have already installed theirs.
@Chile1

I have had my Alien Sunshade (Frt) on for over 2.5 yrs now and 40,000+ mile and I have had no marring/rubbing/damage from the bungees. I have no protective film in place.

mudog

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hopefully a 3.0 jl
Just installed the Shade idea from amazon last night. Looks great and with Prime day got it for 90 bucks. Just FYI as another alternative.

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
@Chile1

I have had my Alien Sunshade (Frt) on for over 2.5 yrs now and 40,000+ mile and I have had no marring/rubbing/damage from the bungees. I have no protective film in place.
3M film is pretty cheap so i may just add some under the cords just as a precautionary measures.

Sponsored

Chile1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2016 BMW X5M
Occupation
Biotech Sales Management
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed the Shade idea from amazon last night. Looks great and with Prime day got it for 90 bucks. Just FYI as another alternative.
that was my second choice. would love to see a picture of it installed.

heckofagator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Does anyone have any alternative for the slim installation tool? I just got a set from Amazon Warehouse. 2 shades and all bungies appear to be accounted for..... But no installation tool.

Maybe it's not even necessary, I dont know yet

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Does anyone have any alternative for the slim installation tool? I just got a set from Amazon Warehouse. 2 shades and all bungies appear to be accounted for..... But no installation tool.

Maybe it's not even necessary, I dont know yet
For the 4 front bungees?
Skip the clips and use the 4 windshield bolts with the bungee between the windshiled frame and sport bar.

Take the 4 windshield bolts out. Pull the wipers away from the windshield, but not off. Lean the windshield forward a bit. Put a bolt through and loop a bungee over each. Make sure the bungees are above the front sport bar windshield support. Put the windshield back. Tighten the bolts. Put the wipers back.

Maybe the only time you ever (partially) put the windshield down!

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
That thin piece of plastic that is used to fish the bungee through is probably in the package, easy to overlook. People don't realize what it is, and toss it with the packaging.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs