Kristen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
Occupation
Sr. IT Business Analyst
Vehicle Showcase
I tried to order last Fall and they were out of stock and said they would email me when the stock came in, I'm still waiting.
Same here, although I did get email saying the color I wanted was back in stock but when I went to order got the whole enter password on the site coming soon.

I did reach out to customer service and they responded that they are not yet back in stock and that the company is going through some changes right now and thank you for your patience......I really hope they come back but may need to look at other alternatives. Shame this was only company that seemed to have the color I wanted.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
@AlienSunshade

What has happened to alienshnshade.com ? Very different website than when I ordered mine last spring....

It asks you email and PW to even view the site and can't register anywhere. I used the same credentials as when I ordered my sunshade. Weird.
Thanks,

Jordan
The company is going through some changes was the word I got with no elaboration. I’m assuming the online store has been shut down. Before it shut down I remember seeing most of the stuff “out of stock”. So, I’m not sure what is going on at the moment :( but if I hear anything I’ll report back. They certainly have great products that exceed their competitors so I’d like to see them back in action soon.

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Last I heard, their factory is ground zero for Corona
lol where did you hear that?!

The out of stock stuff and company changes started way before the Corona stuff from my email records.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
lol where did you hear that?!

The out of stock stuff and company changes started way before the Corona stuff from my email records.
Lol, it was a joke based upon all the JTOP "shade" thrown their way about being made in China.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Well. I finally installed my Alien Sunshade I got for Christmas. It's a shame they are not available now... seems like a nice piece.

20200329_125438.jpg
20200329_125446.jpg
20200329_125429.jpg
20200329_125432.jpg

Sponsored

jlboomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL 2 door Sport
Does anyone happen to know the sizes of the Alien sunshade ball bungees and the diameter of the cord for a 2 door JL. Can’t seem to locate mine and it’s about time to put it on so I’m trying to find replacements. Thanks in advance.

donavo

First Name
Av
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
need help deciding if i should get this. question i have is if i putt he hard top back on while having the shade installed, are all the seals up there properly sealed and waterproof or is there chord in between?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
need help deciding if i should get this. question i have is if i putt he hard top back on while having the shade installed, are all the seals up there properly sealed and waterproof or is there chord in between?
@donavo

I have the Alien Sunshade offering. Have had installed full time / never removed since 7/3/18.
I have run the sunshade with both the Freedom Panels and a Bestop Sunrider for Hardtop.

The Alien Sunshade is terrific and no issues at all with it. No issues with any air/water leakage thanks to the install bungees, etc..

By the way, Alien Sunshades can still be purchased on Amazon and a couple of other places, but do know that supposedly Alien went out of business, a few months ago.. Customer Support is no longer available and Alien Sunshade is no longer a forum sponsor.

I still would not hesitate buying an Alien Sunshade, if you can find the color sunshade, etc. that you desire. A real nice sunshade is the Alien and the price is very right for same..

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

No issues with seals or water after installing a sun shade. I have this one from Shade Idea (from Amazon). It installs easily (no need to drop windshield). Fit and finish are high quality.

https://www.amazon.com/Shadeidea-Wrangler-Unlimited-Front-Black-Sunshade/dp/B0837MSNJJ/ref=sr_1_7?crid=1H7VBEPLJ8N5Y&dchild=1&keywords=shade+idea+jlu&qid=1619180261&sprefix=shade+ide,aps,148&sr=8-7
Sponsored