OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Great sun shade , also took advantage of Mojit_ohio promo code, thx Ben & Alien sun shade. Love how you can mix and match colors. Install was easy, I took down the windshield ( even thou you donā€™t have to ) but its super easy on the JL . Super happy.

7F4440BE-C555-4940-9F66-1A9D9347727A.png

B3A5AC12-582F-488D-9486-2303BD6DB1D9.jpeg

268F7EDB-8FD3-4288-BA01-035948E382BD.png

F44AF373-544B-437D-B41F-B5FC2D6F5880.png
Oh nice!!! I think that's the first time we see a mixed shade combo on a Mojito! JLU. Looks super cool.:rock:

And good to see the Aliens have made a new friend.:turkey:

Sponsored

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
They do work with the Sky-One Touch top. Update and pictures posted below.

Last edited:

ekoii

First Name
Emmitt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Alien Sunshades yesterday (thanks again Andrew, and customer service team for allowing me to exchange when I mistakenly ordered the JK set). Got them installed on my 2019 JLUR Sky-One Touch top. I know some folks were asking if the sunshades fit the Sky One Touch top....they do. Fits perfectly, nice and snug, and absolutely no interference on the power top. The Sky-One Touch top opens and closes with no issue. In the box there is a "slim installation tool" that allows you to install the front without dropping the windshield. I used this tool all the way around to pull the bungees over the roll bars and under the Sky-One touch top. Worked like a charm and is a must for installation.

20190426_164607.jpg

View attachment 182543

View attachment 182546

Alien Sunshade 1v.jpg

Alien Sunshade 2.JPG

Alien Sunshade 3.JPG

Alien Sunshade 4.JPG

Alien Sunshade 5.JPG

Alien Sunshade 6.JPG

Alien Sunshade 8.JPG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
I'm thinking of getting the purple 2 piece sunshade for my Ocean Blue Sahara. Anyone have a pic of that color combination?

Sponsored

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking of getting the purple 2 piece sunshade for my Ocean Blue Sahara. Anyone have a pic of that color combination?
If you have other purple accents throughout I think you could pull it off but I think contrasting colors is the way to go. Thatā€™s just my take though. Blue and Purple are close in color but I think you may be able to pull it off.. go to their website or instagram and they might have an example..

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
If you have other purple accents throughout I think you could pull it off but I think contrasting colors is the way to go. Thatā€™s just my take though. Blue and Purple are close in color but I think you may be able to pull it off.. go to their website or instagram and they might have an example..
Thanks. I agree about contrasting colors, but I thought the purple might be enough of a contrast without clashing. I didn't see that exact combination on their website or instagram.

One other question I have is how much of a difference is there in terms of open-air feeling between running with a sunshade or with the premium soft top in safari mode.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks. I agree about contrasting colors, but I thought the purple might be enough of a contrast without clashing. I didn't see that exact combination on their website or instagram.

One other question I have is how much of a difference is there in terms of open-air feeling between running with a sunshade or with the premium soft top in safari mode.
If youā€™ve seen some of my photos around here I love to rock the Jeep in Safari Mode. Itā€™s the coolest look to me and I too have the premium soft-top.

On the flip side, I love to roll ā€˜nakedā€™ no top, no doors, no door guards, no anything on the Jeep.

The Jeep in Safari mode is a quick way to feel open but isnā€™t the true open air experience. I like to rock it when Iā€™m strapped for time.

I think to answer your question more directly:

The @AlienSunshade doesn't hinder the open air experience whatsoever. The sunshade is somewhat see-through but still provides direct UV protection for you and your family. It also dubs as a cool headliner in general and while in Safari-Mode.

I think my biggest thing is that it provides UV protection (no one likes melting in the sun especially if you have children), looks cool, and reduces cabin wind (from above) while naked. (I used to roll without any sunshade when I first got my Jeep and there is a reduction in cabin wind from above with the addition of the sunshade).

If you have any other questions Iā€™d be happy to help you. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com

I am not joking when I say that I thought about this color combination this weekend after posting a picture of a customer's Blue JLU with a Cherry Red 2 piece (check our IG). We've had Ocean Blue owners with Blue Shades, Gray and Red but I really love the purple shade and think it would look awesome on Ocean Blue. I'm going to rock purple for a bit on my Sting-Gray JLU (different but still purple!).

@MORTON has given some great insight on the shade. Nothing to add there! :rock:

Sital

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys - Reign
If youā€™ve seen some of my photos around here I love to rock the Jeep in Safari Mode. Itā€™s the coolest look to me and I too have the premium soft-top.

On the flip side, I love to roll ā€˜nakedā€™ no top, no doors, no door guards, no anything on the Jeep.

The Jeep in Safari mode is a quick way to feel open but isnā€™t the true open air experience. I like to rock it when Iā€™m strapped for time.

I think to answer your question more directly:

The @AlienSunshade doesn't hinder the open air experience whatsoever. The sunshade is somewhat see-through but still provides direct UV protection for you and your family. It also dubs as a cool headliner in general and while in Safari-Mode.

I think my biggest thing is that it provides UV protection (no one likes melting in the sun especially if you have children), looks cool, and reduces cabin wind (from above) while naked. (I used to roll without any sunshade when I first got my Jeep and there is a reduction in cabin wind from above with the addition of the sunshade).

If you have any other questions Iā€™d be happy to help you. Hope this helps!
I am not joking when I say that I thought about this color combination this weekend after posting a picture of a customer's Blue JLU with a Cherry Red 2 piece (check our IG). We've had Ocean Blue owners with Blue Shades, Gray and Red but I really love the purple shade and think it would look awesome on Ocean Blue. I'm going to rock purple for a bit on my Sting-Gray JLU (different but still purple!).

@MORTON has given some great insight on the shade. Nothing to add there! :rock:
Thanks to you both. That's very helpful.

I did see the Ocean Blue with the red sunshade. Being a Superman fan, I liked that look.
Sponsored