First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ‘20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Installed my Alien SunShade since it was snowing all day, yesterday. The installation was simple and quick. Gotta love how it works well with the Sunrider for hardtop.

Andrew afforded stellar customer service and a very fast delivery. Thanks for the forum discount.

A8A836BA-6FE7-4047-99A5-682D730C75DC.jpeg

10257383-8443-40EA-836A-8AB8F39568A4.jpeg

3747B1CE-D7F6-4095-ACE9-B74010153763.jpeg

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Installed my Alien SunShade since it was snowing all day, yesterday. The installation was simple and quick. Gotta love how it works well with the Sunrider for hardtop.

Andrew afforded stellar customer service and a very fast delivery. Thanks for the forum discount.

A8A836BA-6FE7-4047-99A5-682D730C75DC.jpeg

10257383-8443-40EA-836A-8AB8F39568A4.jpeg

3747B1CE-D7F6-4095-ACE9-B74010153763.jpeg
What a post!! The shade looks AWESOME and matches your recovery tracks too!:clap:

And thanks for the shoutout.:involve: It was my absolute pleasure working with you!

Sponsored

rdrjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Sport-S
Got a gray front/back shade for my 2019 Jeep JL but the front shade is missing a grommet on the front passenger side, can't seem to get a replacement from Alien
mss.jpg

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
A few questions about the Alien Sunshade.

1. Can it be installed without removing the hardtop? I know the freedom panels need to be removed, but what about the hardtop?

2. Can all of the latches and handles be reached after the Alien Sunshade is installed to remove the freedom panels? I just read that some sunshades won't allow access to remove the freedom panels.

3. Can anything be stored between the Alien Sunshade and the freedom panels? If yes, any examples (light coats, rain gear, etc.). Any pictures with anything stored on the sunshade?

4. Are there any sunshades with Molle straps down the center (mirroring the center console direction)?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Got a gray front/back shade for my 2019 Jeep JL but the front shade is missing a grommet on the front passenger side, can't seem to get a replacement from Alien
mss.jpg
@rdrjohn

The Alien rep here, Andrew .. @AlienSunshade, has provided very good best customer service to those here that have needed something.

Suggest that you be real clear what you are talking about. You show a pic of someone pointing to a sunscreen that looks perfectly fine.

So, better pic of what you think is missing and more explanation so the rep might be able to assist you.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A few questions about the Alien Sunshade.

1. Can it be installed without removing the hardtop? I know the freedom panels need to be removed, but what about the hardtop?

2. Can all of the latches and handles be reached after the Alien Sunshade is installed to remove the freedom panels? I just read that some sunshades won't allow access to remove the freedom panels.

3. Can anything be stored between the Alien Sunshade and the freedom panels? If yes, any examples (light coats, rain gear, etc.). Any pictures with anything stored on the sunshade?

4. Are there any sunshades with Molle straps down the center (mirroring the center console direction)?
@californiajeeping

Answer's to 1, 2, 3, 4 are all yes. And, I did read each of your questions over carefully.

As for storage above the Alien Sunscreen between say a Bestop Sunrider for JL. In the Winter when I'm in colder climates, I actually keep two Harbor Freight Shipping Pads up there. I do this so I have pads available if I need them, to deaden sound, to help retain heat in the cab better.

For sure there would be room for a guy or gal to keep jackets, a sweatshirt, rain gear, etc. up there.

Weight is somewhat of a concern as the bungee's will relax with real heavy weights up there. With the type of stuff that I mention I put up there, the bungee's do not droop much at all and after the stuff is removed the bungee's spring right back, no harm, no foul so to speak.

By the way, now a days, I always place two shipping pads up there before my travels on interstate highways. With the shipping pads up there, there is less cabin noise. Speeds in access of say60 mph and heading into cross winds and you can have a noisy cab. The shipping pads reduce this noise lots.

Note: If anyone reading this decides to buy an Alien... DO, reach out to @AlienSunshade, and ask for the forum discount. This will save you about $10.00+ on the shade.

Sponsored

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
@californiajeeping

Answer's to 1, 2, 3, 4 are all yes. And, I did read each of your questions over carefully.

As for storage above the Alien Sunscreen between say a Bestop Sunrider for JL. In the Winter when I'm in colder climates, I actually keep to Harbor Freight Shipping Pads up there. I do this so I have pads available if I need them, to deaden sound, to help retain heat in the cab better.

For sure there would be room for a guy or gal to keep jackets, a sweatshirt, rain gear, etc. up there.

Weight is somewhat of a concern as the bungee's will relax with real heavy weights up there. With the type of stuff that I mention I put up there, the bungee's do not droop much at all and after the stuff is removed they spring right back, no harm, no foul so to speak.

By the way, now a days, I always place two shipping pads up there before my travels on interstate highways. With the shipping pads up there, there is less cabin noise. Speeds in access of say60 mph and heading into cross winds and you can have a noisy cab. The shipping pads reduce this noise lots.

Note: If anyone reading this decides to buy an Alien... DO, reach out to @AlienSunshade, and ask for the forum discount. This will save you about $10.00+ on the shade.

Excellent! For #4, do you have any examples of sunshades that have a Molle strap down the center that mirrors the console?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
@rdrjohn

The Alien rep here, Andrew .. @AlienSunshade, has provided very good best customer service to those here that have needed something.

Suggest that you be real clear what you are talking about. You show a pic of someone pointing to a sunscreen that looks perfectly fine.

So, better pic of what you think is missing and more explanation so the rep might be able to assist you.

Like many others, I suspect, I was expecting to see a picture of a hole without a grommet. I don't currently have a sunshade so I checked out other pictures. Upon further inspection, it appears that not only is the grommet missing, but there is an additional hole missing as well. If it were me, I'd send it back as defective and request another one instead of doing the work myself.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
No, I do not.
You said yes to #4, so have you seen one with the Molle system in the center then? I'm asking because I've looked for a long time and can't find one, but if you have seen one, at least I know it is out there to be found and will continue to search. Let me know.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You said yes to #4, so have you seen one with the Molle system in the center then? I'm asking because I've looked for a long time and can't find one, but if you have seen one, at least I know it is out there to be found and will continue to search. Let me know.
@californiajeeping

Months ago, on some website (?) , I did seen one, with some Molle straps built into the shade. Have not seen any recently though. If I come across any, I will let you know.
Sponsored