Sponsored

Alien shade for JL

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
SPIDERWEBSHADE is a very decent sunshade offering and yes, it's great they manufacture in the USA. Also great that they are a forum sponsor.. Thanks, SPIDERWEBSHADE..

There is no need for anyone to come here putting down other sunshade offerings in order to make them/SPIDERWEBSHADE shine so to speak... as they are known to have a decent product offering..

FACT is many many here are very happy with their Alien Sunshade, their JTOP sunshade, SPIDERWEBSHADE and or other brand sunshade....
Sponsored

Last edited:

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
I have had my Alien Sunshade (front) installed for about 3 yrs. now.

I do not have a huge gap as pictured in the above picture... I installed it correctly..

I have been real happy with my Alien .... it looks good, does the job well.... still looks great after about 3 years of use. I paid $64.99 on 7/13/18 ......a terrific deal on a very decent sunshade.

I would buy an Alien Sunshade again in a heartbeat... lots of bang for the $ .... a real decent sunshade.
Same here, bought mine in 2018 as well, it has been perfect.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
Everyone has had a different experience with different products. Bottom line companies out of business I'm not buying something to worry about the company's not going to be around to back their product because there's no lifetime warranty to be backed up and yes stuff breaks stuff rips the holes with a bungee balls go can rip start tearing and who you going to call buy another one I guess. That's the problem to me people trying to look to save a few dollars and they'll buy something from China

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
LOL, I just bought and installed this shade. This is my first time visiting this section of the forum.

The only issue I had was installing the final two middle bungees in the back. It was really hard, and one of them came a loose. I fixed it and was able to install the shade.

So far I like it and don't mind the gap in the front, because it makes it easier form me to latch my top closed.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
LOL, I just bought and installed this shade. This is my first time visiting this section of the forum.

The only issue I had was installing the final two middle bungees in the back. It was really hard, and one of them came a loose. I fixed it and was able to install the shade.

So far I like it and don't mind the gap in the front, because it makes it easier form me to latch my top closed.
So you agree it has about a 2-inch gap in the front then ? That's why they make different shades for everyone you can still get dirty dog I think they're still around he is worth very good that's what I was told by someone that had it and send it back. But if you're looking for a cargo net that's in the back with a shade dirty dog got it going on. those cargo nets match in different colors and they're really are cool looking

Sponsored

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon

That's why they make different shades for different people. like I said 100% alien shades is out of business You're buying what's left over and was on or what website they have them. If you're happy with that and the price be happy with it. Dirty dog makes a shade also but it was really thin I know somebody had one in sent it back if you're wanting cargo nets dirty dog makes some pretty cool cargo nets and different colors and they look good with any sun shade on there

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
So you agree it has about a 2-inch gap in the front then ? That's why they make different shades for everyone you can still get dirty dog I think they're still around he is worth very good that's what I was told by someone that had it and send it back. But if you're looking for a cargo net that's in the back with a shade dirty dog got it going on. those cargo nets match in different colors and they're really are cool looking
Yeah, Ithink so. I just thought it was made that way and, it doesn't bother me since it makes it easier to latch my top closed. I have a 2 door wrangler so it works for me.

Last edited:

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, Ithink so. I just thought it was made that way and, it doesn't bother me since it make it easier to latch my top closed. I have a 2 door wrangler so it works for me.
@qnet

One of the reasons many guys went with the Alien Sunshade was it did have a small gap in the front what made it easier to get to the latches, especially if you were using / had a Bestop Sunrider. I would not want a sunshade that did not have a gap...

With your Alien install.... look to see if your very front bungees with the metal T are installed with the T facing up.....

IF, if you install with the T down (you did not) the T has a real real chance of damaging the passenger sun visor..... as it is ends up dangerously close to or actually resting on the visor.

As for cleaning, I have found that if I just take a damp towel and gently wipe both top and underside of my black Alien that it keeps the color clean looking... dust, grime free clean looking..

Also, if the plastic clips on the front bungees ever fail, just place the bungee all the way around the support and forget using the plastic clips.. My Alien has faced lots of Florida heat over my 3 yrs of having it and my plastic clips are still aok.

abecker

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
@qnet

One of the reasons many guys went with the Alien Sunshade was it did have a small gap in the front what made it easier to get to the latches, especially if you were using / had a Bestop Sunrider. I would not want a sunshade that did not have a gap...

With your Alien install.... look to see if your very front bungees with the metal T are installed with the T facing up.....

IF, if you install with the T down (you did not) the T has a real real chance of damaging the passenger sun visor..... as it is ends up dangerously close to or actually resting on the visor.

As for cleaning, I have found that if I just take a damp towel and gently wipe both top and underside of my black Alien that it keeps the color clean looking... dust, grime free clean looking..

Also, if the plastic clips on the front bungees ever fail, just place the bungee all the way around the support and forget using the plastic clips.. My Alien has faced lots of Florida heat over my 3 yrs of having it and my plastic clips are still aok.

I had an Alien on my JL and a Spiderwebshade on the JT, and I do miss the gap in the front since it’s a bit of a pain to unlatch the soft top on the Spiderwebshade

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had an Alien on my JL and a Spiderwebshade on the JT, and I do miss the gap in the front since it’s a bit of a pain to unlatch the soft top on the Spiderwebshade
@abecker

Yes, that was one of the things guys/gals appreciated / wanted / sought after, was a gap up front.

The gap on an Alien Sunshade is not much but just enough to facilitate fast/convenient/easy access to the front clamps of the Bestop Sunrider or Freedom Panels..

Just yesterday, I was driving down the highway with the Sunrider open. Had a sudden, real heavy downpour/rain start. No traffic anywhere in sight I slammed on the brakes and gal pal and I reached out the open windows and flipped forward the sunrider. Thanks to the Alien sunshade gap, we were able to quickly and easily secure the sunrider clamps and get moving before traffic reached us.

With that said, as a Besttop Sunrider owner/user, I would not want / have a sunshade that did not have a gap to facilitate access to the clamps of the SR.
Sponsored