Sponsored

AlfaOBD guides for TPMS and tire size.

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Anyone done this before? I finally got my bypass cable but the guides on youtube are for Rams.
Sponsored

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Im confused. Isnt this just a reader? To change tire size you either need a programmer or need dealer to do it via an MVP contract (tire size) purchase.

OP
OP
DodgeZ

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Im confused. Isnt this just a reader? To change tire size you either need a programmer or need dealer to do it via an MVP contract (tire size) purchase.
It writes.

I don't know if anyone uses AlphaODB in their Wrangler. Jscan is written specifically for the JL and can program TPMS and tire sizes.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/odb-jscan-available-for-jl.43484/

It just came out. I gave it a go tonight and changed my tire size and TPMS to 25psi. It worked as expected and I didn't have to do any of the things the Ram guys have to after the changes (reset stuff or needs pin code)....

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Will AlphaOBD show what sales codes and or PCM software versions that are in the JL Wrangler 2018 - 2020? The dealer said they updated it, but I want to verify. I can't even get them (tried 4 different dealerships) to put in 5 quarts instead of 6 quarts of oil in and they have to drain 1 quart every time, much less trust they can update the software correctly, so I'd like to verify which software is installed. I had this happen over a year ago where one dealer said they updated the software from an older TSB, took it to another dealer and they said it had the old version.

You can find the specific information I'm looking for in the TSB PDF file in #4 through #8, at:
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...b-08-074-20-for-improved-steering-feel.56363/

Jeep Wrangler JL AlfaOBD guides for TPMS and tire size. 1A0910C6-85ED-440D-8CC0-2AE117673254

Sponsored

OP
OP
DodgeZ

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I don't think so. I think it is mostly the body controller

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
Are you able to do a proxi alignment with alfaobd? I have a tazer jl mini will this work for the bypass or do i have to buy a seperate bypass? What OBDII programmer are you using? OBDlInkmx+?. Thanks for all the information.

OP
OP
DodgeZ

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
I bought the OBDlInk mx+ on sale last year, $70 black friday sale thing. You need a bypass (20ish bucks on amazon). Shoot them an email about proxi alignment [email protected] they reply quickly

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Are you able to do a proxi alignment with alfaobd? I have a tazer jl mini will this work for the bypass or do i have to buy a seperate bypass? What OBDII programmer are you using? OBDlInkmx+?. Thanks for all the information.
Obd2 bluetooth adapter that will work is $26
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F6XZYFK/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_KZIyFbVDJ7VCW
Also OBD Jscan only cost $23 and can do more then Tazer Light (similar to Tazer Mini/JL)
Bypass cable can be had for $20 (its posible that Tazer bypass will work if you already have it).

Sponsored

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
I was looking at jscan. I purchased my jl mini acouple of years ago and have been happy with it, but i need something that can do more. i bought a 8.4 radio from a forum member and having a little issue. I think i need to do a proxy alignment on it and reset it to factory default. I am getting this screen. Everything works but this message is annoying. thanks for all your help.

Dash Picture.jpg

OP
OP
DodgeZ

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
didn't know they dropped the price. I went with Alfa as it supports my other Mopars, but it looks they added more than just jeeps. cool

OP
OP
DodgeZ

DodgeZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
didn't know they dropped the price. I went with Alfa as it supports my other Mopars, but it looks they added more than just jeeps. cool

Hold on, it is per vin number. Alfa isn't locked to vins.

MouldyEgg

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jlu
I just emailed alfaobd hopefully they will respond quickly. :):)
Sponsored