Sponsored

AlfaOBD App for JL

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
So the app doesn't list the JL on it but it does have the JK. I am wondering if anyone has used this on their JK and maybe we can get the app developer to work on the JL. This would be a cheap alternative for Tazer or Superchips that is also not locked to a vehicle.

I learned about this app from the Ram forums. They were able to turn on most of the features that required the dealer to flash and even some features that were not known about. If you read through the thread they have started communication with the developer and he has updated the app based on their inputs.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/alfaobd.123982/

Here is everything they have figured out how to add.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cOPRgM7z957XJTg16NSjozfXNbrHdjkRQzCs2t0HYRc/edit

This thread is just to inform people of another option and to maybe get the ball rolling on developing it for the JL (since I don't have one). I plan on getting the JT diesel once it launches.
Sponsored

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
You would still need a secure gateway bypass module like you get with Tazer.

Personally, I’m more than happy with having paid $300 for a Tazer. I’d be super nervous messing with settings via an app like that.

LoganDzwon

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have a Tazer, (and thus a bypass.) But, I have a Tazer, and thus not interested in spending $55 on it.

If they wanted to give me a free license I'd be happy to see what can be done with it though.

OP
OP

Nickb1907

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 4XE
The big difference here is that the settings can be adjusted on multiple vehicles. If someone local to you bought the app ($50) and OBD2 Plug ($100) they could make changes for you for a small fee (after you bought the $50-70 bypass). If you didn't plan on doing it to multiple vehicles, Tazer makes a lot more sense. Maybe something a jeep club invests in.
Sponsored