Sponsored

Alexa...start the Wrangler.

SisterRubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon, soon I hope!!!
Hmmmm.... we all may be needing a hidden kill switch.....
Sponsored

RonAZ

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
If you try to install a kill switch UConnect will probably say "I'm sorry, I can not allow you do do that".

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
The Amazon Echo has a Uconnect skill that works with the 2018 Cherokee. Does anyone know if this should work with the JL?
Really? Can Alexa make my wife's 2018 Cherokee stop burning oil faster than it burns gasoline? If so, I'd buy one.

Majestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKUR, 2019 JLUR
I hate apps like this. You pay a subscription fee just to unlock the doors and start the car. The remote fob already does that. They could allow you to change the AC temp, roll down the windows, turn heated seats on and off, lights on or off, play with the radio stations or volume, but no. Its a glorified key fob you pay for on a per month basis. Notice the 1.5 stars this app has.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I like gadgets, and integration with your phone is an obvious progression.

However, there needs to be some serious thought given to security. lol

Even the Galactica had independent systems for a reason.

Sponsored

Gregodav

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2014, Solstice 2007, 1993 GMC Pick-up
Occupation
I. T. Director and Video Director
I contacted Jeep uConnect a while back and they said it would not be expanded beyond the vehicles that currently have it. Meaning: The Wrangler would not receive this ability.
Hopefully, someone will write an update or a hack. However, the uConnect App is very secure for the Wrangler.

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I contacted Jeep uConnect a while back and they said it would not be expanded beyond the vehicles that currently have it. Meaning: The Wrangler would not receive this ability.
Hopefully, someone will write an update or a hack. However, the uConnect App is very secure for the Wrangler.
It's like the offroad pages all over again. Per the uconnect FAQ, it is supported (the actual Alexa Skill Library listing does not list the JL). https://www.driveuconnect.com/faq.html#alexa

Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 3.09.40 PM.png

RedWranger

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just bringing this to the top of the thread to see if anyone here has gotten the Alexa skill for Uconnect Guardian working? Mine keeps saying my Jeep Wrangler is not in my account, despite it working from my mobile app.

Frustrating!

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Just bringing this to the top of the thread to see if anyone here has gotten the Alexa skill for Uconnect Guardian working? Mine keeps saying my Jeep Wrangler is not in my account, despite it working from my mobile app.

Frustrating!
Same for me

Sponsored

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Jeep have now sorted out the connection with Amazon Alexa and providing you have the 8.4 Connect system and an active SiriusXM Guardian connection, you can have Alexa "talk" to your Jeep. I tried it today and it works (finally). One of the keys to making it work is that there is a new Alexa skill just called "Jeep". If you try to use the original skill called "UConnect", it fails just like it did before (says there is no vehicle on your account). So, first, download the new "Jeep" skill to Alexa, link your Alexa and UConnect account and you should be in business. Here is an extract from the Alexa skill that has a few details:

SUPPORTED VEHICLES:
• 2019 and newer Jeep Cherokee
• 2018 and newer Jeep Compass
• 2018 and newer Jeep Grand Cherokee
• 2018 and newer Jeep Renegade
• 2018 and newer Jeep Wrangler

REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be equipped with the Uconnect 4C/4C NAV with 8.4-inch Display
• Must be registered for Uconnect + SiriusXM Guardian connected services*

Some of the available commands:
• “Alexa, ask Jeep to start my car.”
• “Alexa, ask Jeep how much gas is in my car?”
• “Alexa, ask Jeep to find the nearest gas station.”
• “Alexa, ask Jeep to send [address] to my car”

Here is a link to a YouTube video with a brief overview. It was this video that made me realize that there is a new skill called "Jeep" that must be used for this to work:

mergedown

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
Jeep have now sorted out the connection with Amazon Alexa and providing you have the 8.4 Connect system and an active SiriusXM Guardian connection, you can have Alexa "talk" to your Jeep. I tried it today and it works (finally). One of the keys to making it work is that there is a new Alexa skill just called "Jeep". If you try to use the original skill called "UConnect", it fails just like it did before (says there is no vehicle on your account). So, first, download the new "Jeep" skill to Alexa, link your Alexa and UConnect account and you should be in business. Here is an extract from the Alexa skill that has a few details:

SUPPORTED VEHICLES:
• 2019 and newer Jeep Cherokee
• 2018 and newer Jeep Compass
• 2018 and newer Jeep Grand Cherokee
• 2018 and newer Jeep Renegade
• 2018 and newer Jeep Wrangler

REQUIREMENTS:
• Must be equipped with the Uconnect 4C/4C NAV with 8.4-inch Display
• Must be registered for Uconnect + SiriusXM Guardian connected services*

Some of the available commands:
• “Alexa, ask Jeep to start my car.”
• “Alexa, ask Jeep how much gas is in my car?”
• “Alexa, ask Jeep to find the nearest gas station.”
• “Alexa, ask Jeep to send [address] to my car”

Here is a link to a YouTube video with a brief overview. It was this video that made me realize that there is a new skill called "Jeep" that must be used for this to work:
Awesome, thanks for posting. It does work, but it’s pretty clunky. Do I need to confirm multiple times? I appreciate the security aspect of using your pin, but now I’m expected to speak my pin out loud? Novelty at best.

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Just tried it and says not available for my vehicle.

TMac99

First Name
Tracey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sahara
Just tried it and says not available for my vehicle.
Rob - Do you have all the prerequisites - 8.4 UConnect and an active Sirius Guardian subscription, and did you load the new skill called "Jeep", as it won't work with the UConnect skill that was previously published. One example command that works for me is "Alexa - ask Jeep how much gas is in my car"

robd1438

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU MOAB
Vehicle Showcase
Rob - Do you have all the prerequisites - 8.4 UConnect and an active Sirius Guardian subscription, and did you load the new skill called "Jeep", as it won't work with the UConnect skill that was previously published. One example command that works for me is "Alexa - ask Jeep how much gas is in my car"
Everything except Jeep skill, I did the uconnect skill. I'll search for the jeep one now. Thanks!
Sponsored