Sponsored

Alert to Potential for Damage to Back of Head Rest by Battery Screws!

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
First time out this weekend with the seats folded down with some weight on the back of the seat (maybe 20lbs) it left screw indentions and left two rubbed shiney spots on the back of the headrest in the leather. If it doesnt work it's way back out im going to check into getting the head rest replaced. It's minor but I'm OCD! Simple fix is to just
Jeep Wrangler JL Alert to Potential for Damage to Back of Head Rest by Battery Screws! 20210417_185942
put a towel down.
Sponsored

Tuneso

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cadillac CTS-V, Toyota Sequoia
First time out this weekend with the seats folded down with some weight on the back of the seat (maybe 20lbs) it left screw indentions and left two rubbed shiney spots on the back of the headrest in the leather. If it doesnt work it's way back out im going to check into getting the head rest replaced. It's minor but I'm OCD! Simple fix is to just
Jeep Wrangler JL Alert to Potential for Damage to Back of Head Rest by Battery Screws! 20210417_185942
put a towel down.
I had my seat folded down all day, when i raised it, i experienced the same thing.. It looks like it returned to normal about an hour later

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Mine has mostly returned to normal, but it left shiny spots. For sure it wouldn't take long to do permanent damage. I'm going to put something like a sticky back felt pad or something on those screws.

AmarilloJLU

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4Xe Rubicon on order
Mine has mostly returned to normal, but it left shiny spots. For sure it wouldn't take long to do permanent damage. I'm going to put something like a sticky back felt pad or something on those screws.
@robynE Can you please post a picture of where the screws are? I have not taken delivery of mine yet but it would be nice to know where they are so I can try to plan on putting something over the screws to prevent this from the beginning. I will be putting the seats up and down a lot and want to definitely avoid these indentions.

Sponsored

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Its on the drivers side.. Rear of head rest rubs on two of these screws. What is the process for letting Chrysler know about something like this? It's a super easy mod at the factory.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alert to Potential for Damage to Back of Head Rest by Battery Screws! 20210419_191153
Jeep Wrangler JL Alert to Potential for Damage to Back of Head Rest by Battery Screws! 20210419_191200

Last edited:
OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
I'm thinking of ideas for covering the screws. Just something simple like a mouse pad with velcro would do the trick.

Mtpockets

First Name
MT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4-Door
I pull one lever, the headrest flips forward.
I pull the other lever, the seat folds forward.

How is your headrest touching anything under the seat?

OP
OP
robynE

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
To fold the back seat down you first have to lift the butt part of the seat forward toward front of vehicle then back part folds down flat directly onto the screws

Echo4papa

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
I pull one lever, the headrest flips forward.
I pull the other lever, the seat folds forward.

How is your headrest touching anything under the seat?
4xe rear seats fold differently because the batteries are stored underneath. The bottom seat folds from the back forward and the read folds down where the bottom was, placing the "tucked" headrest underneath pressing against the bolts in the picture.
Sponsored