Sponsored

Alert - High Amp Fuse Array related

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
FYI....

Many here are well aware of the Mopar Z Case Fuse Array, that resides in the Power Distribution Center (PDC).

We know that this fuse array ... and a fuse blowing in it.... can leave our JL/JLU/JT in a bad situation lets say.

Many of us carry a spare high amp fuse array, just in case....

Many here first heard about the Mopar Z Case Fuse Array, when it was mentioned in a YouTube video by a FCA, Tech that had taken to YouTube postings.

After his YouTube video, he started profiting from / selling the 68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array. Thanks for the video... yes, it got me up to speed but...

Anyway, the other day, I found a clue and zeroed in on something.... this something was later confirmed by @Jebiruph, when I messaged him .... and asked him what the hell.... 8-)..... and then he went and did some poking around about this , and... We have since communicated via forum messaging regarding this enlightening, lets call it..

What we zeroed in on is that there are two different Mopar Z Case Fuse Array's that you can use in regard to the JL/JLU/JT.

That's right, two different fuse arrays (different part numbers) and it is imperative that you install, the correct part number array, which is dictated by how your vehicle is equipped..

In the last few days, I have been in contact with multiple Mopar parts suppliers and 2 dealership parts departments and even when given my Vin#, they cannot tell me what fuse array, my JL would need if the installed one dies. ALL said, pull the fuse array and check part number is the only way to know... 8-(

So, FYI..... there are two different high amp fuse arrays.
Difference is one has a 60 amp fan fuse and the other has a 100 amp fan fuse. That is the only difference but yes, they are different and you need to keep this in mind.

As for me, I went out and ordered another fuse array so I have one of each part # fuse arrays. I didn't feel like pulling the fuse array to check the part number.. Someday I will sell the unused array(s) and recoop my $.

By the way.... having the tow package is undoubtedly what dictates you use the fuse array with the 100 amp fan fuse.

68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array (has the 60 amp fan fuse) and 68368854AA
Mopar Z Case Fuse Array.... (has the 100 amp fan fuse)

Jeep Wrangler JL Alert -  High Amp Fuse Array related fuse array pic
Sponsored

Last edited:

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I pulled the cover on my PDC & it shows N5 in the array as the "Rad fan" and either 60/100 amp. I didn't pull fuse array to check on part number, I'll check it when I need to remove power for maintenance or accessory install.
Edit: I have the tow package so I'm guessing I have the 100 amp N5.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alert -  High Amp Fuse Array related zcase_fusearray

Last edited:

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
I just ordered this to have on hand... This is what the website said for:
Part Number: 68368854AA The 100 Amp.
[Aux Switches], [Aux Switches] 100 Amp, [Aux Switches] AND/OR [Trailer Tow Group], [Aux Switches] AND/OR [Trailer Tow Group] 100 AMP, 100 AMP.
Fits Gladiator, Wrangler

Hope this helps.

Stolar13

First Name
Łukasz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sport S 3,6 - 2dr
I pulled the cover on my PDC & it shows N5 in the array as the "Rad fan" and either 60/100 amp. I didn't pull fuse array to check on part number, I'll check it when I need to remove power for maintenance or accessory install.
Edit: I have the tow package so I'm guessing I have the 100 amp N5.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alert -  High Amp Fuse Array related zcase_fusearray
Hello Do you know what is the EHPS? what system is connected with that fuse?
After crashes I have no Power steering and I suposed that it is fuse, F34 is ok, and in diagram there is N6. what additional system not working if N6 is blown?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
After crashes I have no Power steering and I suposed that it is fuse, F34 is ok, and in diagram there is N6. what additional system not working if N6 is blown?
That isā€¦..Electro Hydraulic Power Steering, if itā€™s blown, it will affect your power steering.

Sponsored

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
I don't know but I trust @Roky's answer, Electro Hydraulic Power Steering.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I bought an 850w fan and naturally I am checking to see if I need to change anything to use it. I know the 240a alternator comes with the same package the fan comes with. I stumbled across the 2 different fuse array issues - 60a for the base fan ( 600w ) and 100a for the 850w fan on Z5.

Curious thing I found - for 2020 MY Gladiators ( posting this here as our vehicles are nearly identical from front seats forward ), 2 part #s are available for the z case fuse array - the 60a and 100a Z5 are the only differences. If you search 2021 and newer, only the 100a part comes up. When the fan comes in I will pull the array and see what mine is. Truck was built 9/21 and did not come with tow package or aux switches, so should not "need" the 100a Z5 from the factory, but I suspect a change was made to cut down on part variables and all of them use the same array now.

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
9/21 build, no aux switches, no tow package, factory 600w fan. Came with the 100a fuse in Z5. SO - you can put the 850w fan on no problem as far as wiring and fusing. I am going to see how it goes with the 180a alt. If it doesn't work out, I'll buy the 240a.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alert -  High Amp Fuse Array related Screenshot_20230119-172926_Gallery

Sucky thing is, if you don't have the tow package, there is no way to know which one you have unless you pull it. Tow package, guaranteed to have this one.

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
9/21 build, no aux switches, no tow package, factory 600w fan. Came with the 100a fuse in Z5. SO - you can put the 850w fan on no problem as far as wiring and fusing. I am going to see how it goes with the 180a alt. If it doesn't work out, I'll buy the 240a.

Screenshot_20230119-172926_Gallery.jpg

Sucky thing is, if you don't have the tow package, there is no way to know which one you have unless you pull it. Tow package, guaranteed to have this one.
I ordered the 100 amp since I have the tow package but found out when replacing it that I have a 60 amp. Then I find out the fan I have is 600 watts and not the upgraded one. I have everything else for the tow package, itā€™s on my build sheet and the dealership confirmed my tow package when I went to buy the right fuse array.

Last edited:

ecidiego

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I ordered the 100 amp since I have the tow package but found out when replacing it that I have a 60 amp. Then I find out that the fan I have is 600 watts and not the upgraded one. I have everything else for the tow package, Itā€™s on my build sheet and the dealership confirmed it when I went to buy the right fuse array.
That's wild. There is definitely no way to know then other than looking, or trust the dealer's VIN lookup?

Sponsored

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
That's wild. There is definitely no way to know then other than looking, or trust the dealer's VIN lookup?
My situation isnā€™t normal and someone didnā€™t install the right fan during my build. Even with my vin, the dealership couldnā€™t tell me which fuse array I needed.

Lightguy

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon Sting Grey
My situation isnā€™t normal and someone didnā€™t install the right fan during my build. Even with my vin, the dealership couldnā€™t tell me which fuse array I needed.
Soā€¦.are they going to put in the correct fan? Do you have the other correct parts to go with the package you paid good money for?

TKL223/3

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Soā€¦.are they going to put in the correct fan? Do you have the other correct parts to go with the package you paid good money for?
I have a 2018 so, Im way past asking for the right fan. I have everything else that comes with the tow package.

RandomRed

First Name
Red
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gladiator
FYI....

Many here are well aware of the Mopar Z Case Fuse Array, that resides in the Power Distribution Center (PDC).

We know that this fuse array ... and a fuse blowing in it.... can leave our JL/JLU/JT in a bad situation lets say.

Many of us carry a spare high amp fuse array, just in case....

Many here first heard about the Mopar Z Case Fuse Array, when it was mentioned in a YouTube video by a FCA, Tech that had taken to YouTube postings.

After his YouTube video, he started profiting from / selling the 68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array. Thanks for the video... yes, it got me up to speed but...

Anyway, the other day, I found a clue and zeroed in on something.... this something was later confirmed by @Jebiruph, when I messaged him .... and asked him what the hell.... 8-)..... and then he went and did some poking around about this , and... We have since communicated via forum messaging regarding this enlightening, lets call it..

What we zeroed in on is that there are two different Mopar Z Case Fuse Array's that you can use in regard to the JL/JLU/JT.

That's right, two different fuse arrays (different part numbers) and it is imperative that you install, the correct part number array, which is dictated by how your vehicle is equipped..

In the last few days, I have been in contact with multiple Mopar parts suppliers and 2 dealership parts departments and even when given my Vin#, they cannot tell me what fuse array, my JL would need if the installed one dies. ALL said, pull the fuse array and check part number is the only way to know... 8-(

So, FYI..... there are two different high amp fuse arrays.
Difference is one has a 60 amp fan fuse and the other has a 100 amp fan fuse. That is the only difference but yes, they are different and you need to keep this in mind.

As for me, I went out and ordered another fuse array so I have one of each part # fuse arrays. I didn't feel like pulling the fuse array to check the part number.. Someday I will sell the unused array(s) and recoop my $.

By the way.... having the tow package is undoubtedly what dictates you use the fuse array with the 100 amp fan fuse.

68368853AA Mopar Z Case Fuse Array (has the 60 amp fan fuse) and 68368854AA
Mopar Z Case Fuse Array.... (has the 100 amp fan fuse)

Jeep Wrangler JL Alert -  High Amp Fuse Array related Screenshot_20230119-172926_Gallery
Does anyone know how you can test the fuses on here. I am currently experiencing electrical issues and want to trouble shoot it. Thanks.

Outdrluvr28

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU
Does anyone know how you can test the fuses on here. I am currently experiencing electrical issues and want to trouble shoot it. Thanks.
Hello- I posted a video on my YouTube page that shows how to test the fuse array with a multimeter. My page is Wandering Okie.
Video name is: ā€œ2018+ Jeep JL, JLU, & JT high Amp Fuse Array Replacement/Testā€

hope that helps.
Sponsored