First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
I've known the answer since day 1 when the kit went on. A brake upgrade has got to be on your short list for any decently built rig. My Alcon kit is 14.25 front rotor 6 piston calipers, and 13.85 rear rotor with 4 piston calipers. The clamping force is insane.

As it sits, I have an easy 600lbs on a stock JLUR, and much more rotating mass. From 60, I outstop a stock rig on stock brakes.
As tested in the below youtube link, I lined up with Kevin & Brittany for some 50-0 tests. They have the same suspension, same tires, same tire pressure and our weights were quite similar that day. from a mere 50 I was out stopping them by 3 Jeep Lengths. If you dont know how important that is...you need to. That distance increases exponentially at 60, 70 and beyond.

offroad testing is also an eye opener. 1st of all, the amount of pedal pressure needed is much lower than with stocks. I can drive around barefoot with my big toe...if i was in to that kinda thing. on a steep decline in 4lo, it grips like its being held by chains. the clamping power of these calipers handles it all.

Take a peek at the video...
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
While I appreciate the effort you made, that is absolutely no way to test improvement of braking. The only accurate way to do that is measured before/after results in the same vehicle with the same driver, weight, and conditions to gauge the improvement of one brake system over the other. Otherwise there’s way too many variables to determine how much better it is than stock. But thanks for the “seat of the pants” very non scientific impression of its performance.

OP
OP
The Custom Jeep Builder

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
100% planned to be unscientific. No need for all that honestly. And its been done. We were just out there having fun and proving points. Regardless that we didnt have on our tin foil hats and measuring tape, and yes two different, but similar rigs....45+ feet at just 50mph isnt a "small" margin. Scientific or not, this speaks volumes.

Id love the opportunity to also do a proper test, but that time passed for me. I hope someone gets to.

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

MoquitoVerde

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 2.0 Turbo

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
These brakes are sweet and upgraded brakes are a great option if you are making your jeep super heavy with upgrades and larger tires with heavy wheels.

Not for everyone but I’m thankful you posted up to make us aware of the product. I’m totally not going to get them Bc I’m using $4k for my evo lift.

Teraflex has a lower cost option for those that are interested but I doubt they are as robust as the Alcon.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.