Sponsored

Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig!

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Awsome! Top of the world is one of my favourites. I only go up and down one way. I take 92 to 114 to 72. Which way did you guy go?

mclean map zoom.JPG
So when you hit 72 you turn around and go back down? We followed your route to 72 and followed that down to 58 and followed a logging road to get out.
Sponsored

YYCSahara

First Name
BDLL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara 2.0T
So when you hit 72 you turn around and go back down? We followed your route to 72 and followed that down to 58 and followed a logging road to get out.
Yeah I follow the same route down. I go alone (with wife and kids) and the first time at the summit a side by side came up the way you went down and said there was a spot that was pretty tough that way so I never bother to go that way alone just in case.

Parratt

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD, 1988 MJ, 2010 XK (Sold)
Yeah I follow the same route down. I go alone (with wife and kids) and the first time at the summit a side by side came up the way you went down and said there was a spot that was pretty tough that way so I never bother to go that way alone just in case.
Yeah i can confirm going down that hill was a bit sus. But nothing i dont think a jeep cant handle. However my rock rails earned their place.

A group of us is planning on doing limestone mountain this sunday!

OP
OP
Amerxon555666

Amerxon555666

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2021 4runner TRD Off-road

I just wanted to share with you guys our trip to the rockies just few months ago. looking forward doing more trips in BC. honestly there's not much in Alberta to test your built rigs other than trying places like these

hope you enjoy the video

Sponsored

Jmscrttndn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

I just wanted to share with you guys our trip to the rockies just few months ago. looking forward doing more trips in BC. honestly there's not much in Alberta to test your built rigs other than trying places like these

hope you enjoy the video
Where in BC is this?

OP
OP
Amerxon555666

Amerxon555666

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am in Calgary. Haven't really been out anywhere yet. Really looking at some BC trails. They seem to have some amazing ones for sure.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! Minnewanka
true! BC trails are mysterious ! i love the color combo there!

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara, 2013 Ninja 650r
Calgary here. Going out to Ghost to do some Christmas tree shopping (recon for cutting one later)on Monday.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_1809.JPG

Out at Ghost last year.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_2953.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_2988.JPG

Wandering around McClean Creek this summer.

Sponsored

Jmscrttndn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Calgary here. Going out to Ghost to do some Christmas tree shopping (recon for cutting one later)on Monday.

Out at Ghost last year.

Wandering around McClean Creek this summer.
Having never ventured into Ghost in the winter, is it all quite passable right down to the riverbed? Thanks, -James.

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Having never ventured into Ghost in the winter, is it all quite passable right down to the riverbed? Thanks, -James.
Great question. That photo in the snow was down on the river bed from the Trans Alta trail road.. I did not air down, and was in 4Hi for a chunk before the snow got deeper and more annoying, so I popped in 4lo. That was in March this year.

There were a few deep snowbanks that you had to navigate around, and on the way back the hill out was pretty slippery. Also on the way out I followed a few other people up, and we spent some time trying to get someone unstuck about a quarter of the way in to the return trip.

I run A/T winters and we definitely saw vehicles that had no business ending up where they were. A lot of lower vehicles were stuck, but that included a BMW 3 series. I'd suggest going with someone depending on the snow conditions, but also making sure you have a recovery set. If you go on a weekend there are lots of people around, but mid week may be a different story. Also, whenever going winter wheeling, I find that it's best to go when it's -10 and below. With temps between -5 and 5 the snow will start to get wet, making you more likely to get stuck in it. With temps lower, the snow is crisper and easier to cut through I find.

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hahaha - man - I'm timid about heading out there with our Sahara on 35's - but that comment made me think I'm being overly concerned...not to mention made me lol :)
They made it a lot further than I expected to see them, but yeah they made a poor choice. I should have taken a photo, they were digging it out after it slid off the main track.

OP
OP
Amerxon555666

Amerxon555666

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
anyone heading out wheeling sometime before christmas ?
Sponsored