Sponsored

Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig!

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 F150, 2018 V-Strom 650
Farnham in Kootenay

Any spots you can recommend to check out around there? I think the wife and I will try and head there this Saturday if the weather is nice.
Sponsored

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went to Invermere yesterday and did a bit of exploring. Didn't make it all the way up to Farham, although we did make it to the sketchy bridge leading to it. It was just getting too late in the day and we were beat.

We did make it up another trail that was pretty cool. Great views and you end up beside a different glacier. The shale was too loose to make it right to the peak but we got close. The wife was not happy about backing down on our failed attempt to summit the mountain. It was pretty damn steep.

We will definitely be going back to do some more exploring in the area.
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_8163.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_8146
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_8155.JPEG
Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! IMG_8149.JPEG

boontis

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited 2.0L
Amazing pics! Where was the trail you ended up checking out? I might need to add it to our "to-do" list for next year!

Also - what bumper is that on your Rubi? Been looking for an upgrade and it looks like we have very similar taste :)

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Amazing pics! Where was the trail you ended up checking out? I might need to add it to our "to-do" list for next year!

Also - what bumper is that on your Rubi? Been looking for an upgrade and it looks like we have very similar taste :)

Thanks!

The trail is just off of Horsethief Creek Road. Its not too far from Invermere. The actual trail doesn't show up on google maps but this is the location of the turn off, you'll drive south and head towards Mt Slade. There will be a sign about a silver mine at the intersection. There is an abandoned silver mine you can hike to at the top. There is also an active mine but that is gated off part of the way up the trail. I ran into the owners of that and they were really nice to chat with.

Google Maps location of the trail

GPS tracks of my wandering that day

R>L The first track on the right heading south is where the photos were taken.

The second track heading south takes you to Mt Farnham where Amerxon555666 posted a pic on the previous page. It was getting late in the day, we came across a sketchy bridge and decided to head home so we didn't make it to that spot. It was a long trip for being a day drive.

The last track on the left that heads SW takes you to a parking lot if you want to do a hike to Mt Farnham.

I think next time we will stay a night or two so its not such a long day of just getting there and back. When you first hit the gravel road coming from Invermere, you'll come across some Hoodoo looking cliffs on the right. Pull over there in the parking area and air down to 20lbs or so. Just makes the drive on the Service roads so much more comfortable.

There a lot more trails on the other side of the mountain just past Panorama too. I'd like to go check those out one day.

I also use the Gaia GPS app on my phone. Its $40 a year but gives you access to a ton of information including all the Back Road Map Books road data. You can plan your route on your computer/iPad and everything syncs up. Really handy and shows a lot more roads that Google Maps. Lots of videos on YouTube showing how it works.

The bumper is a Smittybilt Gen 2 XRC. Picked it up a 4 Wheel Parts. It was in stock at the time and I didn't want to wait for something to get shipped from a manufacture in the US as it could takes months these days. Decent so far, we'll see how it hold up over the winter and if it rusts or not. I would like to a couple of lights to it eventually.

Last edited:

Sponsored

YJGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara, 2013 Ninja 650r
Hey All. I'm going Christmas tree hunting this weekend. Thinking about going up to waiperous again, because thats where we got one last year. Has anyone been out in the last little bit who can speak to the trail and weather out there? Is there a bunch of snow on the ground already from the recent snow fall? Just trying to decide what gear to pack with me.

Thank You!

OP
OP
Amerxon555666

Amerxon555666

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2021 4runner TRD Off-road
anyone here have a nice set of wheels and 37 inch tires that want to go up to 38?

I have a set of 5 kmc machetes beadlocks on 38inch Milestar patagonias, complete trade just as long as they are high end wheels and 37 inch tires with lots of treads left.

OP
OP
Amerxon555666

Amerxon555666

First Name
paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon, 2021 4runner TRD Off-road
Hello Alberta Jeepers! I've got some parts for sale here.

brand new Anti rock sway bars front and rear, they are 850 each but I am open to offers.

Brand new Metalcloak aluminum and powder coated quarter panel skins for a 4 door JL, asking 200.

Adams 1350 front drive shaft, measured for up to 3.5 inch lift. Retails at around 1000 and used but not abused. Was on a jeep for 7 months, Accepting reasonable offer (for 4 door Rubicon models only)

metalcloak full belly skidplates, reasonable offer.

Motobilt shorty bumper, retails to around 950 plus the cost of powder coating, very good condition. Looking to sell at least 700 but accepting reasonable offer. does not come with winch plate, but a reasonable offer I will include it for you.

I am located in Edmonton,

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! 5CFD1917-D304-447F-8970-84C78667ECD8

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! 706D64F7-DD7C-42A1-A08C-C20D6C4B12A0

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! 4ECBBBDD-567C-4050-A8C1-F16F308D0C83

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! EED2F4C7-2542-4EF8-88AA-E74A437B8A9F

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! BAF5D935-98B1-499B-8CA4-00B700D3D590

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! 2C2D9636-F7FB-4BAC-85B0-6B42E2EF1D18

Jeep Wrangler JL Alberta JL owners out here? show off your rig! 8BC06A3C-5598-4E46-B55B-7D614AD9EBAF

Lgharr

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU Sahara, 2013 Ninja 650r
Hey all,

Just wanted to check and see if anyone know what groups are doing trail cleanups to start off the season? I want to get a bit more involved and honestly I don't know where to start.

thanks!

BUSHRVN

First Name
MONTE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WRANGLER JLU SAHARA HIGH ALTITUDE 3.0
Thanks!

The trail is just off of Horsethief Creek Road. Its not too far from Invermere. The actual trail doesn't show up on google maps but this is the location of the turn off, you'll drive south and head towards Mt Slade. There will be a sign about a silver mine at the intersection. There is an abandoned silver mine you can hike to at the top. There is also an active mine but that is gated off part of the way up the trail. I ran into the owners of that and they were really nice to chat with.

Google Maps location of the trail

GPS tracks of my wandering that day

R>L The first track on the right heading south is where the photos were taken.

The second track heading south takes you to Mt Farnham where Amerxon555666 posted a pic on the previous page. It was getting late in the day, we came across a sketchy bridge and decided to head home so we didn't make it to that spot. It was a long trip for being a day drive.

The last track on the left that heads SW takes you to a parking lot if you want to do a hike to Mt Farnham.

I think next time we will stay a night or two so its not such a long day of just getting there and back. When you first hit the gravel road coming from Invermere, you'll come across some Hoodoo looking cliffs on the right. Pull over there in the parking area and air down to 20lbs or so. Just makes the drive on the Service roads so much more comfortable.

There a lot more trails on the other side of the mountain just past Panorama too. I'd like to go check those out one day.

I also use the Gaia GPS app on my phone. Its $40 a year but gives you access to a ton of information including all the Back Road Map Books road data. You can plan your route on your computer/iPad and everything syncs up. Really handy and shows a lot more roads that Google Maps. Lots of videos on YouTube showing how it works.

The bumper is a Smittybilt Gen 2 XRC. Picked it up a 4 Wheel Parts. It was in stock at the time and I didn't want to wait for something to get shipped from a manufacture in the US as it could takes months these days. Decent so far, we'll see how it hold up over the winter and if it rusts or not. I would like to a couple of lights to it eventually.
Hey, I just downloaded and subscribed to Gaia and I’ve yet to find the “Back roads maps” level of info or “add” ability. What map unit did you find it in? Thanks
Sponsored