Alaska dealers

haeriphos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
Has anyone had any experiences with purchasing through an Alaska dealer? I'll be in the market to order towards the end of winter so trying to get an idea of where I'm going to start my search. I know I can get 5% off invoice at a few dealers in Washington State and then arrange shipping, but that's going to run $2k - $2.5k, wiping out all of that discount. I'm wondering if local dealers are willing to sell below invoice on ordered Wranglers. The ones on the lot here in Fairbanks have dealer markups of $3k above MSRP plus an "administrative fee" of a couple hundred bucks. Not sure what sort of fee is required to purchase a vehicle above MSRP, maybe they have to test that I'm of sound mind if I purchase at that price.
Sponsored

Remmy

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2017 F250 6.7, 2018 Expedition
I bought my 19 Rubi from Anchorage Chrysler. For me it was a matter of finding what I wanted in stock, not sure on ordering though. They were willing to go below MSRP at least. I ended up using the Affiliate program through my company and saved some more.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Definitely head to Anchorage Chrysler. I don't know what deals you may encounter but you could try the old "name dropping" method. You see, Anthony Mingus is the finance manager there and he just so happens to be one of my best friends as well as my best man in my wedding. I no longer live in Alaska, moved to Arizona ages ago, but if you tell him that Tim from Arizona (owner of Gravy Train) sent you, you may just save a dime or two. Good Luck.

AlaskanNate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubi, 2016 Ford Expedition, Another Super Duty is coming.
Just bought my wrangler from Lithia in South Anchorage and got great service, much better than Anchorage Chrysler, I would never go to them again, been several times and its always the same arrogant attitudes. If you were looking at Shipping a vehicle up, have you looked at Peterson Jeep or Dennis Dilion out of ID? I would have gone that route but Lithia gave me a deal that was pretty close. If you want to stay in Alaska, I have known people that have gone up to Fairbanks from the Mat-Su/Anchorage to get the better deal so I think it comes down to who wants to sell the vehicle the most in the state. Play them against each other.

OP
OP

haeriphos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Ecodiesel
Build Thread
Link
I ended up buying from Gene's in Fairbanks and had a good experience. They weren't willing to negotiate too much but did honor the Tread Lightly discount. Compared to buying out of Washington and shipping it up I paid about $1k extra.
Sponsored