Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

I love it! Glad y’all got to put in the miles without major issues. That’s a solid list of destinations for one run. I went out wheeling/camping to Roosevelt Lake in June but end of July through end of August is really the best time to head back there when it’s not raining. Are you going to make more trips to the last frontier?

Here’s my favorite picture from the bridge over the susitna river at sunrise.
8AC24E17-34ED-4FCF-A014-FC3B054926C2.jpeg
We definitely want to go back. This was my second time up there exploring. I made my first trip in 2017 on my ktm adventure bike. I spent 28 days camping and exploring. Wanted to take the wife so we decided on the jeep this trip. That is a great photo, I have one similar with my bike. Our next trip north we are toying with the idea of flying in and renting a rig from Alaska overlander so we have more time to spend exploring Alaska.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alaska’s Dalton Highway in a JLURD: Bucket List Material IMG_20170809_195156926_HDR
Sponsored

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
We definitely want to go back. This was my second time up there exploring. I made my first trip in 2017 on my ktm adventure bike. I spent 28 days camping and exploring. Wanted to take the wife so we decided on the jeep this trip. That is a great photo, I have one similar with my bike. Our next trip north we are toying with the idea of flying in and renting a rig from Alaska overlander so we have more time to spend exploring Alaska.

Jeep Wrangler JL Alaska’s Dalton Highway in a JLURD: Bucket List Material IMG_20170809_195156926_HDR
Fair warning, I spent 4 years there, generally exploring at least twice a month with ample resources to reach the furthest corners of the state and still have a lot of places on the list lol. Ever thought of just living up there for a while?

Adv_aw8s

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon diesel
Clubs

Fair warning, I spent 4 years there, generally exploring at least twice a month with ample resources to reach the furthest corners of the state and still have a lot of places on the list lol. Ever thought of just living up there for a while?
I'm jealous. The wife and I have tossed the idea around a couple times. I don't know if we are willing to do the winters. Now we are tossing around the idea when I retire that she takes some travel nurse practitioner jobs up there that way we can spend more time exploring up there. We still have alot left to explore here in Colorado! Lol

OP
OP
JLURD

JLURD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Compass Latitude 6MT, 2020 JLUR 3.0
I'm jealous. The wife and I have tossed the idea around a couple times. I don't know if we are willing to do the winters. Now we are tossing around the idea when I retire that she takes some travel nurse practitioner jobs up there that way we can spend more time exploring up there. We still have alot left to explore here in Colorado! Lol
I didn’t find the winters near the coast to be bad at all. Plenty of daylight from the mat-su heading south, not terribly cold. Go Fairbanks and north you’ve got the reverse lol.
Sponsored