Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
In an ironic twist of fate, I made my fob smaller by putting the working guts only (sans physical key--hidden on rig, but chip present) in a tiny box because of the OEM size, and from the look of it, if I were a TSA agent, even I, in absence of knowledge to the contrary, might wonder if this was some home made device apt to cause violence in an airplane's cabin--which of course it is not.

(The black double stick tape inside is there to flatten some contours.)

IMG_3146.JPG
IMG_3145.JPG
IMG_3144.JPG

Firemadz

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Battalion Chief
Absolutely, I've flown 10+ times with it in the same pocket before and never had a problem. Just thought it was funny that they didn't look at anything else in the bag, just the one with the giant FOB. It was good for a laugh at the time.

I also used to notice that it was setting off the alarms in certain stores when I first had it which was odd. Hasn't happened for a while now though. Might have been something else.
Same here. I’ve flown 9 times since I’ve had mine, including 2 international flights, and never had security question it or take a second look. On the other hand, they had all sorts of questions about a sealed package of roasted cashews...go figure.

elduderino83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon 2.0l
Also, as far as the folks in this room complaining about them being “anal” in airport security. What short memories you guys have. These people have done an excellent job in keeping us safe flying and you complain about extra bag checks? Unbelievable.
I'd recommend researching the effectiveness of TSA. The time and money wasted on this program is shameful. I typically read up on it everytime I have to take my shoes off so others can "feel" safe. :facepalm:

https://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2017/07/03/new-test-tsa-still-failing-detect-95-threats/

Kevin’s Rubi

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Retired flight test engineer
I wonder if Jeep Cares is reading these postings about the fob and saying; "Okay, okay we get it." "Hey Carla, they don't like the big ass fob you designed." :CWL:

Sponsored

Rahneld

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Is that (3) pieces of Cinnamon Toast Crunch cereal?
: - ) It's adhesive backed cork that aligns with the lock and unlock buttons ….the cork in the upper left hand corner allows me to establish tactile orientation without having to take the thing out of my pocket.

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
: - ) It's adhesive backed cork that aligns with the lock and unlock buttons ….the cork in the upper left hand corner allows me to establish tactile orientation without having to take the thing out of my pocket.
Oh lol
Sponsored