Air mattress designed for the wrangler?

JG1000

First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I saw on some websites of air mattresses that were deigned to be put in the back of JLU's with the back seats down. Anyone have experience spending the night outdoors on some trails with their significant other with those things? and if so how was it and do you recommend it
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
was it comfortable and do you recommend it?
Its as comfortable as any air mattress, but I’d say it’s better made than most. The fit in the JL is great, as well as the valve location. I would buy it again.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JG1000

First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Its as comfortable as any air mattress, but I’d say it’s better made than most. The fit in the JL is great, as well as the valve location. I would buy it again.
thanks!

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
Can the tail gate be closed once its fully inflated??
Could 2 people (say 5'8") sleep straight without their feet touching the tail gate??

OP
OP

JG1000

First Name
JG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Could 2 people (say 5'8") sleep straight without their feet touching the tail gate??

I was thinking of leaving the tailgate open and putting like a tent over the jeep? I don't know still a work in progress lol

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
The Deep Sleep....

While I do not have one. One of my regular Jeep traveling buds does. Phil has camper with us in Colorado, Utah, Nevada, Idaho, Indiana, Wyoming, Michigan, California, Virginia, North Carolina, West Virginia, Tennessee, Iawo, and Nebraska. In the last year. I think that since May, he has camped 39 days with us. He loves it. The only thing that kind of sucks is every thing comes out of the Jeep and then gets stacked on the front seats, then he sets up the back for the night. Then in the morning, the back gets taken down and everything comes out of the Jeep to go to the back of the Jeep. He does sleep well in it. He has slept in the July heat in Moab, and the cold nights in Northern Michigan. I am sure he would reccomnend it. If I was not so tall, I would own one.

One thing that he also has from Deep Sleep is there window screens. He loves these things. You can slip them over the rear door windows and put your window up or down to the desired level and stay bug free.

https://www.deepsleep4jeeps.com/product-page/jeep-wrangler-window-screens

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Yes the tailgate can be fully closed with it inflated. And you could just barely sleep straight w/out feet touching. I’m 5’9 and if I’m at the top of the mattress I can just barely make it. My recommendation is to try it out. Lay your seats flat. Move them all the way up then lay down and see. The air mattress does raise you up several inches so the middle console really isn’t in the way. One thing to note...there is a slight slant to the mattress so I’d recommend putting something slightly elevated at the base under the mattress since the seats don’t lay completely flat.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
We already had a standard air mattress available so just used that. It works but the fit is not perfect. The tailgate closes. For insect screens my son purchased some soffit material and custom fit them to both rear windows. My son is 6’ and he can just fit. Make sure front seats are max forward.

But make sure to elevate the floor to match the height of the seats folded. We used some spare plywood and 2x4s to make a quick stable flat platform which also allows storage of camp chairs etc under.

Having a roof cargo box on top also helps. Plus can take along water toys like a canoe or 3 - 14’ carbon paddle boards easy. Have posted pics and details in various other threads.

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
That sounds awesome! Sounds like i will be getting one of those asap! The next better step would obviously to install a full length roofrack and install a roofrack tent on top of it and then its luxury sleeping and quick deployment on any terrain, even slanted! And thats why i opted for the hard top non painted :fingerscrossed::fingerscrossed:

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Yeah was thinking about a Yakima rooftop tent but for us we always camp by a lake or ocean so we need our water toys. Otherwise would have gone for that.

When we need more space for longer camping durations we pitch a tent.

2F7EE322-565F-4E17-9906-3F69294A043A.png

F0DB5920-17FD-4119-8BB0-8498F3E765B9.png

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
I was thinking of leaving the tailgate open and putting like a tent over the jeep? I don't know still a work in progress lol
I have a deepsleep mattress and use a slumberjack 'roadhouse' tarp over the rear, leave the hatch open at night and hang my feet off the bottom a bit (or sleep kind of diagonal if alone).

Jeep Wrangler JL Air mattress designed for the wrangler? 1600617791029

Jeep Wrangler JL Air mattress designed for the wrangler? 1600617965809
Sponsored