Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I just purchased the Esoteric Pro warm air dryer for drying the Jeep after washing. They claim it’s better than running microfiber towels.
Anyone have experience with one? Like em, hate em, waste of money?
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I have no experience with this product but, for me personally, I would struggle with the value proposition here. Looks like a $350+, single purpose tool to dry your Jeep. The site suggests that it blows air at 179 mph at your car and eliminates the possibility of towels marring the finish.

personally I would be more concerned about having that jet of air either kick up dirt/debris from the ground or direct small particles from the air at Cat 5 hurricane Force onto my paint than I would be a gentle wipe down with a towel.

my advice: since you already purchased it, try it out and let us know what you think.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys, I just purchased the Esoteric Pro warm air dryer for drying the Jeep after washing. They claim it’s better than running microfiber towels.
Anyone have experience with one? Like em, hate em, waste of money?
Waste of money.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
They work excellent. I've used blow driers on motorcycles and highly detailed collector cars. My JLR is neither and I leave it dirty and sweaty looking.

Sponsored

MacJack

First Name
-O)|||||(O-Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL 2 Door
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
sf5211

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the response guys. At minimum It will blow the water away that the towel doesn't reach ex. behind the mirrors and between the hood and fender. Plus I usually let my Sky One dry on its own and that causes water to run down even an hour later so I'll use it for that.
The cost isn't a problem but my biggest concern is the noise it makes. I usually wash in the early am. This particular model is supposed to make the least noise of all the blowers.

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
I use an electric Toro leaf blower I got a Lowe’s for $50. Works great.

Nikko2020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '21 4R TRDP, '21 Supra, '13 LR4, '72 442
Vehicle Showcase
I have an Adam's version that I love. Bought for collector cars, but use it on the Jeep since it tends to trap water in lots of places. This allows you to blow it out so it doesn't run down the Jeep later. I don't think it saves you any time, but it does get water you couldn't get with just a towel. Yes, neighbors will think you are crazy for sure ...
Sponsored